PDA

View Full Version : Which BP size best fits CG Self Centered Pads?

movingforward
02-07-2014, 01:22 PM
I've been searching the Chemical Guy website and this forum, but can't find an answer for this. Do CG Hex-logic Self Centered pads best fit a 3.5" or 3" backing plate? And does anyone here have experience with these pads? Do you like them?

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-07-2014, 01:42 PM
IIRC, you always go half inch bigger pad than your backing plate. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I have used their Hex Logic pads for a long time and love them. I have 6.5" pads for my Griots DA. I use their V Line of polishes/compounds as well with great results as well. I always spritz them with their pad conditioner before using them and before I store them in bags after cleaning.

swanicyouth
02-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Yes. The 3" LC BP fits the 4" self centering CG pads perfectly.

movingforward
02-07-2014, 01:56 PM
Oops, I guess we aren't allowed to edit posts, but I meant to say I am looking at the 4" pads. I own a set of 6" LC CCS pads and 6" CG Hex Logic pads (haven't used these yet). I was looking for smaller pads to fit tighter areas. Are 4" or 3" pads a better choice to use with a GG6 DA?

SELF CENTERING SELF-CENTERED BUFFING PADS (http://www.chemicalguys.com/SELF_CENTERING_SELF_CENTERED_BUFFING_PADS_s/98.htm)

Yes. The 3" LC BP fits the 4" self centering CG pads perfectly.

Oh, so a 3.5" BP would be too big?

movingforward
02-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Do you guys think 3" pads are better than 4" if you already own 5.5" pads? These are to be used with a GG6.