PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Belgium

Robin.Michalik
02-06-2014, 04:12 PM
Hey, my name's Robin, and I live in Belgium.

I've been into this fanatically/ obsessively car cleaning we call detailing for about 2 years now.

Started out with turtle wax ICE (yeah, we've all been there), then found out Meguiars (which was a big deal since for the first time the stuff worked), but since that's pretty darn expensive here (like 50€ for a tin of ultimate wax) I've looked for cheaper alternative's (mostly non OTC)

I've tried several other brands to fill my needs and although I've stuck with 105/205 (when I ran out of ultimate compound/ultimate polish), I like working outside in the sun (sometime's a necessity since my garage isn't that big) So I also have a pretty big collection of poorboysworld products.

I've also noticed this whole wax addiction thing is pretty common among detailers, and I'm no different. My colection quite quickly ran out of controll, however most are pretty cheap, or sample sice. The gemm's of my colection are definetly Meguiars M16 (hard to find), dodo juice supernatural and my bouncer's satsuma rock, and vanilla Ice (Chemical guys E-Zyme and celecte detaglio are on my want list)

Been reading here a lot (started with SON1C's review of chemical guys pete's 53) and I never stoped reading since.

I'll post some pics from my car and my wax collection when I get this upload problem fixed (I've found how I need to upload pics, but when their ready to upload they just ... don't...

Greetss,
robin.

Mike Phillips
02-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Hi Robin,

Welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

I'll post some pics from my car and my wax collection when I get this upload problem fixed (I've found how I need to upload pics, but when their ready to upload they just ... don't...

Greetss,
robin.

I upload hundreds of pictures week and have no problems ever. So when someone is having a problem it's usually something simple,

Too large of a file size
Wrong file naming protocol

I recommend resizing your pictures to 800 pixels wide before uploading because in reality anything larger is just to large. I have an article on how to do this here,

How to resize your photos before uploading to a photo gallery (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/35250-how-resize-your-photos-before-uploading-photo-gallery.html) - Using Easy Thumbnails

I go over the correct file naming protocol here.

How to upload a photo into your Autogeek Photo Gallery (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-do-different-types-things-ag-discussion-forum/21295-how-upload-photo-into-your-autogeek-photo-gallery.html)

If you want, simply e-mail me one picture that you cannot get to upload and I can look at it and tell you why.

mike.phillips@autogeek.net

:)

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-07-2014, 03:06 AM
Hi Robin, welcome to AGO from Germany.

I live near Bitburg Germany. Whereabouts are you?

2shiny
02-07-2014, 06:33 AM
welcome from another belgian!

Robin.Michalik
02-08-2014, 04:23 AM
Hi Robin, welcome to AGO from Germany.

I live near Bitburg Germany. Whereabouts are you?
I live in Bilzen, about at 40 minute drive from Aachen.

welcome from another belgian!

Hey, thanks. Your name does ring a bell to me, probably from another detailing forum (my usual account name is overseer1234) maybe driven2shine or carclean forums?

I rarely post things miself, but that's where I mostly end up by trying to find reviews about products I might buy.

GS2011
02-08-2014, 07:07 AM
:welcome:

Evan.J
02-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Chris@AutoCleanse
02-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Welcome to the GEEK.