PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a "Glassy Hard Candy Shell" look out of a LSP...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mdgrwl
02-06-2014, 11:14 AM
Tried WGDGPS... too warm looking. I think Blackfire goes for the same warm look. Want razor glass like finish.

Tried the Klass twins and liked the look but man it was a bear to remove... also didnt like the fact I had to do 3-4 layers of SG to get the look.

I dont want a permanent sealer like Opti Coat, etc...

Any suggestions on what to apply after a full correction?

VP Mark
02-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Best bet would be dp paint coating or black label coating. HD Poxy is the only sealant I've ever used that gives similar looks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Eric@CherryOnTop
02-06-2014, 11:43 AM
I agree, I think you will need a coating to get that effect. If your reason for not wanting a coating is that you like waxing, go with the black label, you can wax over it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips
02-06-2014, 11:44 AM
What are you working on?

What color is it?

:)

mdgrwl
02-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Working on a Dark Metalic Blue Audi S5.

High on my list is Supernatural Hybird Sealant Paste due to the reviews of "high shine" I've read and the ease of application. Its not some "watery" product like Klasse HGSG which just wasn't enjoyable to work with or especially remove.

Tried Collinite 915 (due to rave reviews of working well on dark colors) but I found it too warm and muted the high reflective shine I had right before I put it on (used PS21 Paint Cleaner, great stuff).

I know its odd that I have a dark color but still prefer the "bling" look.

FUNX650
02-06-2014, 11:51 AM
One of these double first-cousins:
Duragloss or the "Z".

Bob

mdgrwl
02-06-2014, 11:57 AM
"Z" as in Zaino?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-06-2014, 11:58 AM
For that glassy hard as nails shine, I would look into a coating such as Pinnacle Black Label paint coating.

Klasse Act
02-06-2014, 12:04 PM
Tried WGDGPS... too warm looking. I think Blackfire goes for the same warm look. Want razor glass like finish.

Tried the Klass twins and liked the look but man it was a bear to remove... also didnt like the fact I had to do 3-4 layers of SG to get the look.

I dont want a permanent sealer like Opti Coat, etc...

Any suggestions on what to apply after a full correction?

Klasse is NOT hard to remove, you just need to know how to apply/remove it. Basically you keep your applicator damp, spray 2 sprays onto the pad (any small spray bottle will work but if it sprays a lot, reduce to 1 spray per panel) work in, left to right and up and down and then remove IMMEDIATELY! Because KSG is an acrylic product you can't apply it like other products but if you follow what I just posted you'll have NO issues. Now I will agree that you do need to apply a 2nd coat to get a "candy look", maybe a 3rd coat but the results speak for themselves and its basically a wipe on, wipe off product, so its easy to use but you do need to wait 12 hrs inbetween coats though as its got to set up or cure.

Give KSG another shot doing it this way and you'll be happy, trust me!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

MattPersman
02-06-2014, 12:36 PM
Duragloss, ZAino bros, glare

MattyL
02-06-2014, 12:36 PM
Duragloss #111/601 @ a 4:1 mixture followed 1 hour later by #111 alone. Trust me, this will get you that look and offer very durable protection at the same time. I actually prefer the look you're trying to obtain as opposed to the warm, carnauba-like look that people love.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Duragloss #111/601 @ a 4:1 mixture followed 1 hour later by #111 alone. Trust me, this will get you that look and offer very durable protection at the same time. I actually prefer the look you're trying to obtain as opposed to the warm, carnauba-like look that people love.
Nailed it.

Audios S6
02-06-2014, 12:52 PM
An acrylic based product is what you want to use to achieve that look - Klasse & Werkstatt come to mind.

Also, Pinnacle Black Label Coating Booster looks glassy, especially on light colored vehicles and it claims to be useable as a standalone LSP with up to 6 month durability.

Klasse Act
02-06-2014, 12:53 PM

I would suggested this as well but I commented on KSG because, once again (no fault of the OP) KSG gets a bad rap due to not knowing how to properly apply/remove it. That said, no special tips or tricks when using DG #111, well other than mixing in #601 with #111 at the 4:1 ratio (4 parts #111- 1 part #601) and actually, if you wanted to add some more candy to the finish, apply a coat of Black Fire Crystal Seal, love that stuff. When I ran out I wanted to try Ultima, which I bought during the Christmas sale but haven't been able to use it yet during the winter, looking forward to seeing how it compared to BFCS!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

dad07
02-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Nailed it.

:iagree: