PDA

View Full Version : Help with P.washer foam gun

blue oval
07-06-2007, 03:23 PM
I've gotten the pressure washer foam gun. Am I to use straight up car wash soap? I've also attached my own 32oz bottle attachment. I have no idea how much soap to use or put in the bottle. I'm sure experience using one will help out knowing ahead of time. I have visions of extereme foam madness gone wild if I didn't ask. I'm also using soft water.

I have the Duragloss, NXT, or the Rain-X self drying soap(s) to choose from.

Thanks.....

orngez
07-06-2007, 04:08 PM
i have a 32 oz bottle attached to mine as well and i find that if you start with around 2oz of soap and the rest water will yield a lot of foam...some soaps you can go with less...some need more....duragloss is your best bet...nxt and rain-x dont foam up very well....

Al-53
07-06-2007, 04:31 PM
2oz is a good mix....has plenty of foam.....thats with DG 901.....some other soaps like the CG citrus i use 1 oz....to strong and starts to strip

playing around with it you will find what works best for you....these are just some starting points..you may want a lower ratio ...when I do not want the shaving cream effect I use less...depends on how dirty they are

Al

blue oval
07-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Okie dokie..... I thank you for the reply.

Now, I've already learned something about the other two soaps I have.

What is a good dial setting for the bottle in reference to the proper amount of foam that should be used? I have a feeling this is more trail and error--just looking for a good starting off point. Obviously I've never used a P.W. foam gun before today.

Thanks again....

ehuth1
07-06-2007, 04:36 PM
turn the dial all the way to the right. then back off to the left as needed. You should start out with the shaving creme effect then once you turn left a bit you will see your bottle start to slowly suck dry. If you leave the injector full throttle right turn the bottle will empty in under a minute if held wide open.

blue oval
07-06-2007, 04:47 PM
If you leave the injector full throttle right turn the bottle will empty in under a minute if held wide open.

Sheezuz God....It'll suck it outta there that fast? Well that one was good to know.

Again I do have soft water. So I'm thinking even 1oz of soap maybe? But in the beginning I was thinking way more than 2oz, so I'm glad I asked.

I read in another forum where a pro detailer recommended "NOT" using a P.W. foam gun. Why do you suppose he said that? He didn't say why one shouldn't. Shrugs...

ehuth1
07-06-2007, 04:54 PM
If he recommends not too, then he should have a reason... I use mine as much as I can and I can't say enough about the time it saves and extra cleaning it performs. All those small crevices the brushes and scmitts can't reach.. Well the foam can penetrate those small areas, only to aid helping the area to become cleaner and not completely missing it all together.

Get a answer from that pro and let us know..

blue oval
07-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Well I made a mistake after I re-read the other forum thread.

He said, one should not put "car wash soap" through it. That's just about as confusing. I'm assuming it had something to do with the pressure.

Here is the exact quote.

You wont blow the paint off with a 2500psi pressure washer. But you shouldnt put car soap through it. Ive got a pressure washer foam gun. Includes a 32oz container, and two adjustable knobs. One for adjusting dilution rate, the other for adjusting the angle at which the foam sprays out.

orngez
07-06-2007, 06:08 PM
just play with the settings on the foam gun...you will find it to be a very versatile tool in your detailing arsenal.....i constantly switch form fan to jet spray depending on the application...but the one thing is i do keep the setting at maximum ratio...i like the super sudsy shaving cream like foam....just got to work quick and move around the car...the 32oz bottle is still more than enough to cover an entire suv...

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Are you guys talking about the foam cannon or the foam gun?

ehuth1
07-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Cannon

blue oval
07-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Foam cannon I guess. I call it a foam gun. It's for a pressure washer, not a regular garden hose.

Anyway, I used it a couple times now since I first posted earlier. I works mighty fine with car wash soap. I used a couple different kinds of soap and both foamed like crazy. Shaving creme was a good word comparison, used above.

Thanks for the help people.