PDA

View Full Version : New guy from CT

Pages : [1] 2

tersplat
02-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum, and new to detailing. I've done thorough washes before, but never touched a polisher before yesterday when my PC 7424XP came in. I have used a lot of OTS products, but was pointed in the direction of NanoSkin by a detailer on here when I lived in Washington. I talked to a detailer in California, and ordered Nanoskin's 5" Microbuff starter kit, a pack of microbuff finishing pads, some nanoskin microfiber towels, a bottle of nano ceramic sealant, an autoscrub handy towel, and a gallon of Green Apple Bubble Bath. Also off of Amazon, I bought the PC 7424XP, a LC 5" backing pad, a bottle of Nano Shock, a bottle of Nanoskin Glide concentrate, a Meguires Waffle weave drying towel, and some clear gloss urethane and thinner to seal the headlights, and a pair of grit guards. I think this will put me on the right path, along with all of the knowledge on here. My Vehicles are a WRB 03 WRX wagon and a Silver 09 Chevy Cobalt.

Flash Gordon
02-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Your friend probably got banned for the same reason you are about to

tersplat
02-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Why? Did I do something wrong, if so, I will be more than happy to fix it. I think you were referring to the pictures, I fixed that. Sorry.

Flash Gordon
02-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Why? Did I do something wrong, if so, I will be more than happy to fix it.

You are promoting another vendor on your 1st post

tersplat
02-05-2014, 11:04 AM
Oh, I didn't realize there was anything wrong with letting people know who I talked to, anyways fixed that. This forum is managed and laid out much differently than any other forum I've been on, sorry about that.:xyxthumbs:

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Welcome to AGO.

02-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Welcome to AGO!

UNCkid
02-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Hey I am from CT as well, in NC for school. Welcome to AG

MshawnBauer
02-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Rotten Groton! I just moved from there a couple years ago. reading your post (Washington, California, now Groton) am I correct in assuming your a submariner? Welcome! The PC will change everything you know about clean cars! Welcome to AG

Chris@AutoCleanse
02-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Welcome to the GEEK.

Mike Phillips
02-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Welcome to the AutogeekOnline discussion forum...

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum, and new to detailing. I've done thorough washes before, but never touched a polisher before yesterday when my PC 7424XP came in. I have used a lot of OTS products, but was pointed in the direction of NanoSkin by a detailer on here when I lived in Washington. I talked to a detailer in California, and ordered Nanoskin's 5" Microbuff starter kit, a pack of microbuff finishing pads, some nanoskin microfiber towels, a bottle of nano ceramic sealant, an autoscrub handy towel, and a gallon of Green Apple Bubble Bath. Also off of Amazon, I bought the PC 7424XP, a LC 5" backing pad, a bottle of Nano Shock, a bottle of Nanoskin Glide concentrate, a Meguires Waffle weave drying towel, and some clear gloss urethane and thinner to seal the headlights, and a pair of grit guards. I think this will put me on the right path, along with all of the knowledge on here. My Vehicles are a WRB 03 WRX wagon and a Silver 09 Chevy Cobalt.

Here's a tip....

When typing on a "forum", break huge chunks of text into smaller paragraphs and even single sentences.

This makes it a LOT easier for people to read and your goal is to get people to read your text so you get replies.

Here's what the above could look like broken up...

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum, and new to detailing.

I've done thorough washes before, but never touched a polisher before yesterday when my PC 7424XP came in. I have used a lot of OTS products, but was pointed in the direction of NanoSkin by a detailer on here when I lived in Washington.

I talked to a detailer in California, and ordered Nanoskin's 5" Microbuff starter kit, a pack of microbuff finishing pads, some nanoskin microfiber towels, a bottle of nano ceramic sealant, an autoscrub handy towel, and a gallon of Green Apple Bubble Bath.

Also off of Amazon, I bought the PC 7424XP, a LC 5" backing pad, a bottle of Nano Shock, a bottle of Nanoskin Glide concentrate, a Meguires Waffle weave drying towel, and some clear gloss urethane and thinner to seal the headlights, and a pair of grit guards.

I think this will put me on the right path, along with all of the knowledge on here.

My Vehicles are a WRB 03 WRX wagon and a Silver 09 Chevy Cobalt.

I'm no expert on reading and writing but I know it's hard for the human eye to track between sentences when there's no white space to break up large chunks of text a little bit.

Just a tip for your future posts and again...

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

:welcome:

Bill1234
02-05-2014, 08:43 PM
welcome, also in ct

tersplat
02-05-2014, 11:30 PM
Thanks guys, Yes I am a submariner, been in for 5 years now.

Mike, I appreciate the tips, I tend to just throw together posts on forums with whatever crosses my mind, and often times it comes out a jumbled mess.

I'll try to do a good detailed review on the Nanoskin Microbuff system once it gets here. Looks like next weekend will be my first chance to try it all out, but we'll see.

vdevan
02-06-2014, 02:42 AM
Welcome to A.G, im sure you are going to enjoy countless hours of browsing this forum...

Evan.J
02-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Welcome to the forum!