PDA

View Full Version : Van or enclosed trailer

Pages : [1] 2

Marvrdr78
02-04-2014, 10:32 PM
Im ready to buy my set up for my mobile detailing business. I would like to know on what would work better a 6*10 enclosed trailer or 2006 Chevy sierra 3500? Thanks for the help. Feed back please

Znig22
02-04-2014, 11:04 PM
I would recommend the van because of ease of driving. It depends on funds truly. If your on a really tight budget. Trailer. If you can swing for a van, do it! The 3500's all have 6.0's and 4l80e trannies. Great for the load you will be carrying.

Btw, i would stray away from the 6.6 duramax diesel versions due to the cost of repairs when the injectors go out!

Mark Rancourt
02-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Trailer behind the van, Think big!

VP Mark
02-05-2014, 10:41 AM
I have a truck and trailer and more than half the time I just load stuff into the truck and go small. If I had to do over again would probably go with a van, but each have their advantages.

Billand
02-05-2014, 10:51 AM
I would buy the van

mrclean
02-05-2014, 11:20 AM
im thinking of getting a hhr panel cargo van. it looks small. but i checked the dimensions and a decent water tank, generator and other goodies can fit in the cargo area just fine. plus its a 4 cylinder and great on gas. also, it really looks professional once you wrap it up.

master detailer
02-05-2014, 11:50 AM
trailer is how I roll cant stand the smelly rags and all the spillage you get in a van. ps you can lock a trailer up good.When I had a van was always looking for stuff.Trailer I can stand up inside not bend over.

STPETEDALE
02-05-2014, 04:01 PM
A small 4 cyl automatic truck with a 6 ft bed.There are some really nice ARE DCU toppers out there perfect for detailing.Trailers are pain in the butt in tight corridors.Guess it really depends on how much weight you are toting too.These larger vans will eat a hole in your pocket. A Toyota tacoma or Nissan frontier should fit the bill.They keep decent resale vaules too. If you wanna change trucks in future simply unbolt and bolt to new vehicle with same size bed.

EddieF
02-05-2014, 04:04 PM
If you live in NY/NJ I would go with the van, theres a ton of toll's and they charge by the axel. And theres a lot of roads trailers are not allowed on.

rolop6
02-05-2014, 11:13 PM
I know ppl say "Think big," "Go Big," but I say stay as small and compact as possible! I originally started with a 6X10 trailer, I thought it was awesome, untill I would get jobs that were a bit further from my house, or apartment complexes. Gas mileage on my 08 Dodge Ram was horrible! Sometimes I could not find a place to park. So I did away with the trailer and went with a smaller water tank, still kept everything else but fit everything in my truck. I use a 50 gallon tank instead of a 125 gallon tank and I have a tonneau cover that everything fits under so I can lock everything up in the bed with no problems. In my opinion get either a van, or a smaller 5X8 trailer. You can also get a small pick up truck and a small trailer from Harborfreight to fit your water tank generator and pressure washer. For less than $300 you can buy a trailer and they have great reviews. In my opinion the smaller the better.

Marvrdr78
02-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Thanks guys for your info:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodp ost::goodpost:

Detailing by M
02-08-2014, 02:40 AM
VAN!
The bigger the better, no little hhr.
As far a smells in a van? make sure you containers are closed properly! My van has no smells at all and if it does then something spilled but that never happens.

With a trailer you'll have problems fitting it in tight places.
With a van you just pull up, open it up and get to work.

People love it when I open up my van.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll43/MaseratiMario/My%20Ford%20van/IMG_20131107_160732_316_zps505d056b.jpg

Nicklyons
02-08-2014, 08:06 AM
VAN!

The bigger the better, no little hhr.

As far a smells in a van? make sure you containers are closed properly! My van has no smells at all and if it does then something spilled but that never happens.

With a trailer you'll have problems fitting it in tight places.

With a van you just pull up, open it up and get to work.

People love it when I open up my van.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll43/MaseratiMario/My%20Ford%20van/IMG_20131107_160732_316_zps505d056b.jpg

Woah! What an awesome mobile setup! If you don't mind me asking, do you gain mobile customers like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STPETEDALE
02-08-2014, 09:15 AM
I agree with smaller is better. How much junk do you have to drag around. All chemicals, waxes, polishes should fit into a small tool bag. I had a ford E350 with a 7.3 diesel and it could haul whatever was put into it. I had everything in there but always found myself using 20% of its contents. With my current arsenal of products I could put everything into the back of my Pontiac Vibe and still have room. I only do 2/3 cars a day and mostly corrections.When I had a trailer it always was in the way. Layout everything you would like to have then layout what you must have.If you are using quality products a little bit goes a long way. You don't need gallons of product on your vehicle. A 4cyl Tacoma or Frontier with a ARE DCU topper or tonneau cover is all you need.

Lakeside Detail
02-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting a 6x10 v-nose trailer to start my business. I am doing a generator/water tank so I can work anywhere. Right now I have a honda eu3000is, kranzle 399tst power washer, mytee 8070, detail cart, might do air compressor 15 gallon or so. Thinking about a 75 gallon water tank. I would like to upgrade to a van eventually, use the van just for cars/trucks, then put a more powerful gas pressure washer in the trailer and use that for semis, boats,rv's, big trucks.

You guys think a 6x10 v-nose would be hard to get into some tight spots? I am very good at backing up a trailer so that is not a issue. If space is a issue I am thinking I could drop off my trailer where I need it then park my truck out of the way nearby. I thought about a 5x8 v-nose but after looking at one it looked small. It could work, but I might like the extra room of a 6x10.