PDA

View Full Version : What Products Work Best On Top Of Megs D151?

Pages : [1] 2

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
02-04-2014, 03:45 PM
I've been used KAIO topped with Klasse SG for daily drivers but I recently switched to D151 and I'm looking for a similar combo that will extend the protection for 4-6 months.

My first thought is Optimum Car Wax, but I'm unsure which other products work best on top of D151 for longevity.

BeachZone
02-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Sub'd as I'm interested as well. Whenever I grab D151 for a 1-Step, I usually just top it with a spray wax, to add a slight bit more protection, just before I hand the keys over to the owner. But then again, when someone is wanting durability I recommend against an AIO, and tell them why a dedicated polish + Wax or Sealant would be a much better route to take.

You get what you pay for!?

-Beach

FUNX650
02-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Meguiar's M21 2.0 would seem a logical fit,
in matching-up with your previous K-AIO/K-HGSG application.

Bob

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
02-04-2014, 04:04 PM

Bob

Is there anyway to tell if Klasse SG would work properly on top of D151? or any other type of last step product other than just testing it out?

The Guz
02-04-2014, 04:15 PM

Bob

I'm with Bob. M21 would be a good choice. It's all about synergy.

Mike

jankerson
02-04-2014, 04:21 PM
M21 or Ultimate Liquid Wax in the Megs Line...

WGDGPS in the WG Line.

D151 lasts a pretty long time all by itself really, you can boost it with D156 though...

M21 or WGDGPS would be my two choices if I was going to take the time to apply on a Sealant after though.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
02-04-2014, 04:26 PM
M21 or Ultimate Liquid Wax in the Megs Line...

WGDGPS in the WG Line.

D151 lasts a pretty long time all by itself really, you can boost it with D156 though...

M21 or WGDGPS would be my two choices if I was going to take the time to apply on a Sealant after though.

Will M151 prevent any sealants from bonding properly to the surface?

jankerson
02-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Will M151 prevent any sealants from bonding properly to the surface?

I seriously doubt it.....

I think Mike said he never saw wax or sealant fall off the car....

FUNX650
02-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Is there anyway to tell if Klasse SG would work properly on top of D151? or any other type of last step product other than just testing it out?
Sorry...
I don't know of any particular ASTM test, or its protocols, for the type of testing you're asking about. :(

However:
Since I believe that understand it, if you want to use up the current Sealants you have on hand...
I'll suggest this thread and it's reference to "Mosca":

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/31186-miscible-immiscible-wax-paint-sealant-bonding.html

Originally Posted by Mosca
"I've never walked out into a garage only to find out that overnight the wax or paint sealant I applied slipped off the car's paint and piled-up on the floor surrounding the car because it didn't bond or stick to the paint."

Bob

CM8 6MT
02-04-2014, 04:48 PM
I seriously doubt it.....

I think Mike said he never saw wax or sealant fall off the car....

LOL!!!!! I remember that one

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
02-04-2014, 04:52 PM
Sorry...
I don't know of any particular ASTM test, or its protocols, for the type of testing you're asking about. :(

However:
Since I believe that understand it, if you want to use up the current Sealants you have on hand...
I'll suggest this thread and it's reference to "Mosca":

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/31186-miscible-immiscible-wax-paint-sealant-bonding.html

Originally Posted by Mosca
"I've never walked out into a garage only to find out that overnight the wax or paint sealant I applied slipped off the car's paint and piled-up on the floor surrounding the car because it didn't bond or stick to the paint."

Bob

Thanks Bob, that was the exact information I was looking for.

RPPM
02-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Go with Ultimate Wax. It is a sealant, not a wax, and will outlast 21. Collinite (476, 845, or 915) would be another good alternative.

jankerson
02-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Go with Ultimate Wax. It is a sealant, not a wax, and will outlast 21. Collinite (476, 845, or 915) would be another good alternative.

M21 is a Sealant.....

FUNX650
02-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Thanks Bob, that was the exact information I was looking for.
:xyxthumbs:...You're welcome.

Bob

RPPM
02-04-2014, 08:07 PM
I know 21 is a sealant, I just wanted to make sure he knew Ultimate Wax was a sealant also as some people are thrown off by the word "wax" in Ultimate Wax. Some nice pluses of Ultimate Liquid Wax over 21, are that according to Meguiars, it is better protecting and will last longer, and it won't stain trim.