PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Black Camaro ZL1?

Pages : [1] 2

jgibson2980
02-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Hey everyone , I have a possible paint correction coming up on a 2013 black camaro ZL1. I am going to meet up with him this week end and do a test spot on the vehicle. I was wondering if the clear coat is hard or soft and what should be my go to products for this vehicle?

david11g35
02-03-2014, 09:37 PM
From previous post here on AGO. It seems like the new generation camaros have a very hard paint. Have not detailed one but just talking from previous post i seen here on AG.

But of course it varies from year to year.

jgibson2980
02-03-2014, 09:45 PM
It is used , with only 800 miles. . Hopefully its not in to bad of shape . Was thinking about picking some megs mf pads for this one .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

autoenvy
02-03-2014, 09:59 PM
I just worked on one about a month ago. Paint isn't too hard to work with and it finished down nice. I can't remember what I used on it. Menz FG400 and maybe Sonax 3/6, coated with 22PLE. Pics are on my FB. Car was in the same boat though, destroyed with 700 miles on it.

Sent from my HTC One X using AG Online

JHL88
02-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Definately use MF pads. It will cut down your time by a lot.

jgibson2980
02-03-2014, 10:12 PM
Only thing about the mf pads is thay I dont have an compressor to clean them . I have a vac and blogs w and the little attachment , would that work .? If not ill just buy alot of them .

jgibson2980
02-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Antoher thing , he is getting an xpel ppf applued to 70% ofthe vehicle afterwards. I am goingto do the correction at the shop that is doing the ppf . Do I need or want to apply wax to the surfaces that are going to receive the ppf ?

FUNX650
02-03-2014, 11:47 PM
Antoher thing , he is getting an xpel ppf applued to 70% ofthe vehicle afterwards. I am goingto do the correction at the shop that is doing the ppf . Do I need or want to apply wax to the surfaces that are going to receive the ppf ?

I'll say that there's no need to apply wax to those areas...
The PPF installers will be using a "prep solution" and probably will appreciate that you don't.
But since you'll be right there...Ask them to be sure.

Bob

jgibson2980
02-04-2014, 12:29 AM
I'll say that there's no need to apply wax to those areas...
The PPF installers will be using a "prep solution" and probably will appreciate that you don't.
But since you'll be right there...Ask them to be sure.

Bob

Ill make sure to ask them .

JHL88
02-04-2014, 03:49 AM
Only thing about the mf pads is thay I dont have an compressor to clean them . I have a vac and blogs w and the little attachment , would that work .? If not ill just buy alot of them .

you don't have to have an air compressor. I use a pad brush to clean mine and it works fine.

oldmodman
02-04-2014, 02:18 PM
It is used , with only 800 miles.

So. The previous owner just saw the new Mustang?:laughing::doh:

(sorry, just couldn't resist)

The Guz
02-04-2014, 04:33 PM
Definately use MF pads. It will cut down your time by a lot.

I would have some on hand. Even my 02 Camaro has hard clear and the MF pads worked better than foam in some areas.

you don't have to have an air compressor. I use a pad brush to clean mine and it works fine.

I have cleaned them both ways. The pad brush is fine if you don't have access to a compressor.

Good luck and post pics of the detail.

jgibson2980
02-04-2014, 10:54 PM
So. The previous owner just saw the new Mustang?:laughing::doh:

(sorry, just couldn't resist)

Lol maybe .

jgibson2980
02-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Did a test spot on the beauty today , man do those mf pads make a difference im very impressed . He is going with a multiple stage paint correction . Car only had 800 miles on it and is severely damaged . Sorry no pics ad of now will post when I preform the work.

jgibson2980
02-22-2014, 02:15 PM
Hey everyone i still haven't tackled this vehicle yet . Just last night he contacted me and said he was going to send it to the paint shop to have some of the vehicle wet sanded , due to him claiming to see dirt in the clear coat. I asked him if it could be surface contamination of some sort, he doesn't believe so tho. I have all kinds of horrible pics in my head now of how the vehicle may look when i get my turn to preform the work now. I don't know of any paint shops in my area that are that great much less that do wet sanding and buffing at a professional level. Just want to get some feed back on this from yall geeks.