PDA

View Full Version : Waterless Wash Suggestions?

Pages : [1] 2

mdgrwl
02-03-2014, 02:06 PM
What is an easy to use waterless wash that doesnt require buffing (ala Pinnacle)?

My LSP is a Nuba so Id like it to "play nice" with that... and be easy to use.

Cost effective with a high water to product ratio would be cool too...

WillWashesCars
02-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Waterless wash I would recommend Ultima Waterless Wash Plus

Rinseless, nothing better than Optimum No Rinse.

SYMAWD
02-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Uww+

mdgrwl
02-03-2014, 04:46 PM
I'm not crazy about UWW+ due to its silicone (oil) base. It's a cost effective base and a little goes a long way, but silicone attracts dust.

The more I research, the more I feel Opti Clean would be best as its a polymer base... a bit more expensive but less dust.

swanicyouth
02-03-2014, 04:54 PM
I'm not crazy about UWW+ due to its silicone (oil) base. It's a cost effective base and a little goes a long way, but silicone attracts dust.

The more I research, the more I feel Opti Clean would be best as its a polymer base... a bit more expensive but less dust.

What? UWW+ doesn't attract dust. And Pinnacle WW doesn't require buffing. Am I on Candid Camera?

mdgrwl
02-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Agree to disagree? Not sure what else to tell ya.

I've never used UWW+ but in chemical "theory" it attracts dust due the silicones. This time around I think I'll go polymer base (DP, Blackfire, Optimum).

Pinnacle I do have hands on experience with, and yes, it does require buffing. Do a search, I'm not the only one who finds this to be true.

FUNX650
02-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Agree to disagree? Not sure what else to tell ya.

I've never used UWW+ but in chemical "theory" it attracts dust due the silicones. This time around I think I'll go polymer base (DP, Blackfire, Optimum).

Pinnacle I do have hands on experience with, and yes, it does require buffing. Do a search, I'm not the only one who finds this to be true.

Hold on a minute...

Aren't silicones: Polymers?
Can't polymers be silicones?
How about polyaminosiloxanes...silicones or polymers?

:confused:

Bob

spiralout462
02-03-2014, 07:27 PM
What? UWW+ doesn't attract dust. And Pinnacle WW doesn't require buffing. Am I on Candid Camera?

Hold on a minute...

Aren't silicones: Polymers?
Can't polymers be silicones?
How about polyaminosiloxanes...silicones or polymers?

:confused:

Bob

:iagree: Gentlemen, thank you for your efforts in keeping the record straight.

rjd598
02-03-2014, 07:37 PM
I haven't needed to buff pinnacle.

Matt-erhorn
02-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Yeah I'm with the others, I've never had buffing with pinnacle and never had UWW+ attract dust.

swanicyouth
02-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Maybe we aren't using them right.

Real Riders
02-03-2014, 08:23 PM
I have never tried Ultima but I will on my next order. I do have Pinnacle Waterless with Carnauba and have never had to buff it to remove it. I have these Waterless Wash products below and the Griots Spray on Car Wash and Pinnacle are my favorites

DP Waterless
Griots Spray on Car Wash
Meguires Wash & Wax anywhere
Blackfire Waterless
Chemical Guys Eco Wash
Pinnacle Waterless with Carnauba
Poor Boys Waterless

mdgrwl
02-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Guys, just do a search on reviews of Pinnacle WW and you'll see others also state "required extra buffing". Im not alone on this. I think that Ihaveacamaro guy, along with one or two others found this to be true.

It makes sense as it has WAX in it...

I would soak a panel, do initial wipe and flip MF towel for final wipe down... thought all was well and did one last walkaround and found all sorts of hazing that needed extra buffing. It looked GREAT after the 2nd buff down, nice gloss n all... but I want a cleaner to just clean. Less fuss.

On the other hand it does eliminate the need for a spray wax for a spruce up... so pick n choose what you want.

ducksfan
02-03-2014, 09:31 PM
I love the Pinnacle. I feel I have to go over it until completely dry to avoid hazing. So yes, I would consider that buffing.

MattPersman
02-04-2014, 05:50 AM
I too have noticed it on my wife's black car with pinnacle waterless, if I do a rinse less with ONR then it does not happen. Maybe it's a towel choice? Maybe it's the humidity or temp of that day because obviously I am not doing them back to back in controlled environment. My car is silver so I can miss spots and not really have issues lol.