PDA

View Full Version : Ceriglass w/ rayon pads

Ron4543
02-02-2014, 06:54 PM
So a couple of years ago a coworker decided to clean my company truck's windshield of the redonkulous amounts of love bugs. He thought it would be a good idea to use a scotch brite pad and some Windex.

Long story short it has been awful to drive that truck. I ended up using our other truck for the majority of driving I do instead of spending the money to have it replaced.

A few weeks ago I was staying in Stuart and figured I would stop by to pick up my AG order instead of waiting for it to be shipped (though it got shipped by accident and it got home before I did). Since I had the truck with me I remembered reading a write up by swanicyouth about his experience with ceriglass and how he ended up using the carpro rayon pads for the best results.

I purchased both while I was there. Now, I haven't had a chance to use it yet but I will be putting up proper pictures from my use of the products.

I am concerned that with the 5" pads I will have a problem hitting the corners if the windshield or windows if I decide to do them. Are there any tips to taking care of these areas? Most of the other questions I would normally have were answered in swanicyouth's write up.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my EVO using AG Online

allenk4
02-02-2014, 07:58 PM
I bought both the 3" and 5" CarPro rayon pads. The 3" would take forever and the very small areas in the corners don't seem to have much damage.

Be patient, glass correction is a marathon.

Start on the passenger side, just in case you do not like the results.

Don't expect to get deeper scratches out without using a rotary. IMO, removing pits is not possible with a DA...I hit it had with a FLEX 3401 and didn't make a dent in the pits.

Have Fun.

Ron4543
02-02-2014, 08:22 PM
I didn't get the 3" pads. Do you think I need then to reach the corners? I'd also need to pick up a new backing plate for my PC if so but that's not a problem if it's what I need to accomplish my goals.

As long as I get the majority of scratches out I'd be happy with the purchase. Plus, I can use it on my personal vehicles which only have normal wear on them.

allenk4
02-02-2014, 09:17 PM
I didn't get the 3" pads. Do you think I need then to reach the corners? I'd also need to pick up a new backing plate for my PC if so but that's not a problem if it's what I need to accomplish my goals.

As long as I get the majority of scratches out I'd be happy with the purchase. Plus, I can use it on my personal vehicles which only have normal wear on them.

3" does not get much more in the corner that the 5" does.

Ceriglass with Rayon pad will get some scratches out, just don't expect a miracle.

The Critic
02-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Ceriglass and the Rayon pad will get scratches out. I've done it with a 3401.

It does go a bit faster with a rotary. Ceriglass will make a big mess if you are not careful. Use a small amount of polish on the pad, but keep a spray bottle of water handy -- you will need to mist your work area every 1-2 passes to keep the polish wet.

Ron4543
02-02-2014, 10:00 PM
3" does not get much more in the corner that the 5" does.

Ceriglass with Rayon pad will get some scratches out, just don't expect a miracle.

Thanks, I'll go with the 5" and maybe purchase the 3" later down the road.

allenk4
02-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Thanks, I'll go with the 5" and maybe purchase the 3" later down the road.

Take some good before and after pictures if you have a decent camera.

If you are using a cell phone, I found that video shot in direct sunlight is actually better.

Ron4543
02-03-2014, 10:41 AM
I've got an older Sony cyber shot that still takes really nice pictures. Not big into cell phone pictures, takes to much away from the quality in my opinion. Might not be until next week when I get started, going to New Hampshire until Thursday and will be busy on Friday to Sunday. I meant to take before pictures this morning but had to rush to the airport.