PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Coat 2.0 Behavior

The Critic
02-02-2014, 02:04 AM
After washing, I took these videos of my parents' cars.

The white car was done about 2 months ago with Opti-Coat 2.0, and the red one was done about 1 month ago.

The white one was washed with Iron-X Snow Soap and the red one was done with Adam's Car Wash Shampoo.

Both cars seem to be bead/sheet a bit better than my car, but they're all in the same ballpark.

Is this normal behavior for Opti-Coat 2.0?

Thanks.

http://s161.photobucket.com/user/SodaJunkie/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1319_zps1fde74dd.mp4.html
IMG_1315_zps7bd5e29b.mp4 Video by SodaJunkie | Photobucket (http://s161.photobucket.com/user/SodaJunkie/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1315_zps7bd5e29b.mp4.html)

Anthony Onorato
02-02-2014, 07:12 AM
I'm actually not sure what you're asking about.

mwoolfso
02-02-2014, 07:21 AM
I'm actually not sure what you're asking about.

+1 right. I am a bit confused myself. Even looking at the video of the white car the beading is extremely hard to see and near impossible to do a really good apples-apples comparison.

After washing, I took these videos of my parents' cars.

The white car was done about 2 months ago with Opti-Coat 2.0, and the red one was done about 1 month ago.

The white one was washed with Iron-X Snow Soap and the red one was done with Adam's Car Wash Shampoo.

Both cars seem to be bead/sheet a bit better than my car, but they're all in the same ballpark.

Is this normal behavior for Opti-Coat 2.0?

Thanks.

Since you are expecting us to assume your car beads/sheets similar to both cars shows, and the red car is the only one where I can see beading/sheeting, I'd say you are fine.

Assuming you car is not white, consider showing your car and the red car next time. That would permit us to see what you are seeing.

The Critic
02-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Thanks. I was trying to see if the coating was acting the way it should when sprayed with water.

To clarify -- I coated the two cars that are posted above. I made the videos to share so that people can tell me if the coating adhered properly.