PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Clean Your Microfibers With?

Pages : [1] 2 3

ltoman
02-02-2014, 01:51 AM
I can't decide what to buy this time... I use (from AG)
Micro-Restore Microfiber Detergent Concentrate (http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Restore-Microfiber-Detergent-Concentrate-32oz/dp/B0002SPBXQ/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1391323738&sr=1-6&keywords=microfiber+cleaner) but I still come out with dirty looking micro's.

Anyone recommend one they really like? Thanks!

Finemess
02-02-2014, 06:50 AM
I've had good luck with this and a HE machine.
Wolfgang Microfiber Cleaner and Rejuvenator (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-microfiber-cleaner.html)

tpr1634
02-02-2014, 06:54 AM
I use tide free and clear, chemical guys microfiber cleaner or both.:buffing:

Bunky
02-02-2014, 07:24 AM
I like Blackfire microfiber cleaner over Micro Restore and DP microfiber cleaners. It seems to work best for me with my water, amount I use, washer, and not needed to use vinegar.. second rinse is sufficient. I always dry on lowest heat setting and that is important as well on feeling soft.

I still have a lot of Blackfire left but do want to try the Wolfgang.

ScottB
02-02-2014, 08:40 AM
I now tend to presoak very dirty towels in DP's Pad Rejunivator before washing. And I toss out any towels used with a coating (it seems to block their ability to soak up anything). I then use a dedicated MF towel wash and white vinegar in the rinse.

If I see static or some linting, I toss in a couple of those dryer balls when drying.

Just02896
02-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Opc

RTexasF
02-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Regardless of what you use sometimes MF towels get stained and that's that. You can reduce the stains by soaking towels in a bucket with two scoops of Oxyclean and about 2-3 gallons of water for 24 hours. For wash I prefer Charlie's Soap (liquid).

VP Mark
02-02-2014, 10:20 AM
Once towels get badly stained there will not be much you can do about it. Best bet is to soak them immediately after use if they Are really dirty. I like to have a 5 gallon bucket with an ounce or two of microfiber cleaner and a little vinegar to soak them in until I get enough to wash a load.

For dirty towels that are already heavily stained do heavy pressure soak with 3-4 oz of microfiber cleaner, a cup of vinegar, and hot water to begin with. After 6+ hours wash as usual.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Wes Bremec
02-02-2014, 10:32 AM
I would lean away from very hot water when cleaning with any type of microfiber. My process for very dirty microfibers is to spray them with a diluted ratio of bf micro cleaner out of a pray bottle directly onto the microfiber and gently rub the fibers together to release Some of the contaminates. Then I drop them in a bucket of pad rejuvenator to marinate for a couple of hours before proceeding to my washing machine. I always use my air fluff mode on my dryer. I'm very anal when it comes to taking care of my microfibers to last the longest they possible can. They aren't cheap. I am sure everybody has got there own method that may works for them. I am justifying my method of cleaning because I have had great results.

DevilsNDetails
02-02-2014, 10:39 AM
I use the Wolfgang detergent and I must say it works really, really well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AG Online

peter hurcos
02-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Don't know if this is the right way, but its what I do: I do the Garry Dean method on my truck, so I use three gallons instead of two, and usually I have a quart or two of clean hooch left over. I wash the rags immediately after I'm done, while they are still wet and the crud hasn't had time to set.

I put the left-over CLEAN rinseless wash in the washing machine with the towels. I put in the towels with regular laundry soap and a bit of vinegar. Not too much of either. My wife isn't brand loyal, so it tends to be "Brand X" soap.

I run it on "heavy" on our Speed Queen machine, which is a pretty brutal wash cycle. If I am around, I'll set the clock back and give it maybe twice as long as normal on the "heavy" cycle. When the machine stops, I increase the load setting to give it extra water, and run it through again with no soap, but another smidgen of vinegar on the wash cycle. Cold water only, of course.

Some of the cloths are stained, but they are perfectly clean. As long as the weather is cool, I'll mix up a new bucketfullof rinseless hooch, put most of the damp towels in, put a lid on it and store it in the garage until next week. That way I save drying costs for the towels. (I've found with the Duragloss rinseless, anyway, the stuff will go sour if you don't use it for a couple of weeks).

I find I can pull any towel from the pile, dry it and use it to clean my eyeglasses, so I'm fairly confident they are clean.

ihaveacamaro
02-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Blackfire Microfiber Cleaner is my favorite:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k61suqb2SJI]How To Clean Microfiber Towels The Easy Way!!! - YouTube[/video]

DP Microfiber cleaner is about the same as well in my opinion. Haven't tried Wolfgang or any other PBMG mf cleaners.

Rod
02-02-2014, 01:44 PM
I usually don't use any specify microfiber cleaner but just fine cloths soap, the same one my wife uses for my shirts.

ltoman
02-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Very interesting - responses are more varied than I thought. I will be trying some of these suggestions, along with a bit more vinegar on one of those tries!! Anyone else?

Oh, if I replenish a few, which are the best to get just a few for my new vette? TYVM folks!

spiralout462
02-02-2014, 06:57 PM
I have tried all of the PBMG microfiber cleaners with the exception of the new Wolfgang product. I like DP Microfiber Cleaner concentrated microfiber detergent and degreaser (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-microfiber-cleaner.html) better than the rest. The cleaning power and dilution ratio suites my needs very well.