PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Top Finish Machine Glaze vs. Prima Amigo ??

mdgrwl
02-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Anyone with experience with both? Both seem to do the same thing... Menzerna has the name and quality but the product is very new... Prima Amigo gets great reviews.

Any thoughts?

mdgrwl
02-01-2014, 10:28 PM
Menzerna Top Finish Machine Glaze is a lightly abrasive finishing glaze that is designed to polish away minor imperfections while masking deeper ones. Formulated using an advanced blend of diminishing abrasives and durable fillers, Menzerna Top Finish Machine Glaze creates the appearance of a 100% swirl-free finish. Menzerna Top Finish Machine Glaze is body shop safe.

vs.

Prima Amigo Pre-Wax Cleanser & Gloss Enhancer defies categorization and convention. It’s a paintwork cleanser plus a polymer-based glaze and polish that removes up to 3000 grit imperfections. Combine all three properties and you can see why we think Prima Amigo doesn't fall into any currently defined categories of car care products.

anyone?

mdgrwl
02-02-2014, 09:46 AM
Nobody?

Even if no experience, any thoughts/theory?

mdgrwl
02-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Ok, Ill go. I have no experience but just taking a stab in the dark to try to start the conversation.

It seems Menzerna may finish better due to their legendary formula and diminishing abrasives. But due to their body shop focus, I worry about LSP bonding.

It seems Prima Amigo may (guessing) not finish as well as Menzerna but due to its polymers, bonding will be better.

Again, just a theory...

Rmd
02-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Just got the Prima Amigo yesterday, might use it today after some minor correction on my car. Have heard great things on the forum. What I didn't notice before ordering is that it says it prepares surface for synthetic wax. Prima makes a product described as a synthetic wax called 'epic' which they say has added durability. Sounds like a hybrid because they also make a sealant.

I usually use carnauba, so not sure how well it will work. Perhaps Prima just trying to encourage sales within the product line. There are advantages to using multiple products from same maker, but you shouldn't 'have to'.

Haven't used the Menz glaze but have most of their polishes and liquid wax. Are are class leaders.

dpscoupe
02-02-2014, 04:05 PM
On the Menzerna Top Finish, it specifically says it can be used with Menzerna Powerlock or Colorlock.

Also the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is engineered to be synergistically compatible with Menzerna Products.

If you step outside of those LSPs, only real world testing would tell the tale for sure.

Because of the cleaning properties that are a part of the Prima Amigo, I'm interested in seeing some feedback on that as well.

I'll throw this out there - if anyone who has Amigo wants to trade samples for some top Finish, send me a PM.