PDA

View Full Version : Rubber question

dinkydow
07-05-2007, 06:17 PM
I have been using the 303 protectant on the rubber for a long time. I put it on all the rubber on my current vehicle and after I wash it the rubber looks terrible. It looks very dull on most of the rubber but on some it is like before I washed the car, so that part looks shiney. What do you think is going on here? Are there any recommendations you can make for my using the 303 or another product that will work. Thank You!Feed back please

supercharged
07-05-2007, 06:35 PM
I have been using the 303 protectant on the rubber for a long time. I put it on all the rubber on my current vehicle and after I wash it the rubber looks terrible. It looks very dull on most of the rubber but on some it is like before I washed the car, so that part looks shiney. What do you think is going on here? Are there any recommendations you can make for my using the 303 or another product that will work. Thank You!Feed back please
What do you mean by rubber? Tires? Door seals?

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-05-2007, 06:39 PM
If I'm understanding correctly I would say maybe the parts that look bad are dirty and should be properly cleansed prior to 303 application.

Perhaps one area is clean (and looks good) while one is soiled (looks bad) and this is why the 303 is doing it's thing on one area but not the next (assuming they are comparable surface areas/types).

ScottB
07-05-2007, 06:56 PM
it also could be the pourous material soaking in the 303 in certain areas and not in others. Continue to wash and apply, over time it should become less noticable.

dinkydow
07-05-2007, 07:01 PM
I am talking about the rubber around the windows. Actually the rubber was squeeky clean. I could take a picture the next time I wash it and post it. It looks like some tires do after you have applied the tire gel or what ever you are using and you drive through rain and some of the gel has stayed on and some not but the tire looks worse then it did before you ever put anything on it. I hope I am explaing it so it is understandable.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Sounds like you may have some wax/sealant in/on the trim... what have you been using to clean it??

If you're not using something suitable (someone please step in here), that may be the problem as it's not removing the product.