PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Auto Show

Pages : [1] 2

kevincwelch
02-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Probably going the second weekend of the show. Anyone else going to this event? How has it been in the past?

MarkD51
02-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Probably going the second weekend of the show. Anyone else going to this event? How has it been in the past?

Been to so many in the past. The McCormick Place is of course awesome, and also huge. Not hard to get lost, or lose a companion. At least in this day and age, one can use a cellphone to relocate friends, or family!
Have fun!

MadMerc
02-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Haven't been there in years. I've been thinking of going this year, though.

Broadcasting from an undisclosed location.

MPBGT
02-01-2014, 01:15 PM
I go every year, it's a great show. If you can do it I highly recommend going during the week. It's worth it if you want to really look at the cars and sit in them. The weekends are packed.

Misterpaul
02-01-2014, 02:33 PM
The last Chicago Auto Show I attended included buying a Chicago Daily newspaper on the way in. According to Wikipedia that would make my last show 1978. Have cars changed that much from 1978 that it would warrant another visit???

J/K. I hate Chicago and won't go there unless forced to by business.

Larry A
02-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Me and 4 friends are going next Saturday. Ive goten 5 free tickets from work.WE go early because after 1pm , you are elbo to elbo with other people.

ryanbabz71
02-01-2014, 10:47 PM
My 4 yr old son and I are going Friday the 14th

Ryan

vwfreak
02-01-2014, 10:58 PM
I went about 10 years ago it was Awesome! They didnt have any exotics though:-[

Ezmoney
02-02-2014, 11:07 AM
My son and I will be going this Friday night.

It is the First Look for Charity event and my work purchased the tickets.

Being that it is a Black Tie event, it is a whole different experience than going on a regular day.

If it wasn't for work, I couldn't afford to go since the tickets are $250 each.

Desertnate
02-03-2014, 09:03 AM
I've gone a few times and it's a great show. I last went three years ago and it wasn't as big as it was when I went in the 2005~2006 time frame, but still a great show. I drive 5.5 hours to see it if that tells you anything.

Daven75
02-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Ill be going with my GF and my family this coming weekend! Desertnate, Ill be driving 5.5 hours too from Edwardsville! lol But I live up near chicago normally

Klasse Act
02-03-2014, 12:00 PM
My buddy Hectour, Kevin and I are going opening day, its what we've done the past couple years. We get there right when they open, get right in and have NO issues with parking and the crowds aren't bad at all.

Being from Detroit I wondered how Chicago did their autoshow and I can tell you that since I've been here, Dec of 2009, the do it right, the McCormick Place is very nice and laid out well. Cobo Hall back home has received a complete make over, so I'd like to see how it looks now but either way, love the Chicago Auto Show:xyxthumbs:

Looking forward to seeing the new Mustang, ZO6 and all new Miata too!

Chris's FX4
02-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Going this Saturday as well with my dad, we go every year. Things may not change much ever year, but we still enjoy going. We really like how they have everything setup with the grouping of manufacturers.

Have to agree to with Klasse, first day isn't that bad if you get there right when they open. Usually that first Sunday and last weekend is the most crowded from what we've noticed. Hell, we've been down there on Friday night when its 5pm and the place was more crowded than some of the years we went the first day.

Klasse Act
02-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Everytime we leave the show we always notice the massive amounts of people coming, its crazy! BTW looking to hit up Kuma's Korner for a burger afterwards, we always eat somewhere cool after the show, working up an appetite for sure with all the walking, gotta get my diet Mt. Dew and churro while walking around, ofcoarse!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

ryanbabz71
02-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Back in the early 2000's when I lived in NWI the show opened up on Friday. We would take off school (college) and hit up the show used to be empty until 2ish

We are traveling about 3.5 hrs

Ryan