PDA

View Full Version : New Car - Paintwork Cleansing Lotion? Skip Clay?

Pages : [1] 2

ltoman
02-01-2014, 01:01 AM
Okay, getting my new car....I won't let the dealer touch it. I don't want to marr the paint in the slightest with clay and such ... how about:

-Wash w Pinnacle Shampoo with a drop of Klasse
-Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion
-Sealant
-Pinnacle Paste Wax
-Pinnacle Spray Wax

I've worked on cars quite a bit before but I am no master. Any help is appreciated!!!Feed back please:buffing::buffing:

Matt-erhorn
02-01-2014, 01:59 AM
You should still clay the car. I just got my car 2 weeks ago and it was pretty contaminated just from the transportation. But I mean ultimately it's your car and your choice.

FUNX650
02-01-2014, 02:38 AM
Okay, getting my new car....I won't let the dealer touch it. I don't want to marr the paint in the slightest with clay and such ... how about:

-Wash w Pinnacle Shampoo with a drop of Klasse
-Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion
-Sealant
-Pinnacle Paste Wax
-Pinnacle Spray Wax

I've worked on cars quite a bit before but I am no master. Any help is appreciated!!!Feed back please:buffing::buffing:
-Never heard of the drop of Klasse (AIO or HGSG?) in the wash solution before.
-Don't forget the "Baggie Test", before any "paintwork-cleaner" product application.
(Could you also do the "Baggie Test" afterwards, as well...
and report on this Pinnacle product's cleaning ability? Thanks.)

Out of curiosity:
-Which Sealant?
-What if there are paint blemishes...
Polish, or no?

Bob

jamesboyy
02-01-2014, 02:39 AM
Your plan of attack sounds perfect you should get great results why don't you try a clay wash mitt instead of traditional clay though it's your ride at the end of the day therefore do what you think is right

Pureshine
02-01-2014, 02:43 AM
-Never heard of the drop of Klasse (AIO or HGSG?) in the wash solution before.
-Don't forget the "Baggie Test", before any "paintwork-cleaner" product application.
(Could you also do the "Baggie Test" afterwards, as well...
and report on this Pinnacle product's cleaning ability? Thanks.)

Out of curiosity:
-Which Sealant?
-What if there are any paint blemishes...
Polish, or no?

Bob
:iagree:

mwoolfso
02-01-2014, 06:44 AM
You should still clay the car. I just got my car 2 weeks ago and it was pretty contaminated just from the transportation. But I mean ultimately it's your car and your choice.

+1 .... what kind of car? hard or soft paint?

Rod
02-01-2014, 08:07 AM
In the end it will always depend on the status of the car. But in theory you would need to clay. It will depend on what you are going to do afterwards and what your expectations are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KBsToy
02-01-2014, 08:38 AM

:xyxthumbs: IMHO

ltoman
02-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Ok, here goes:
my Stingray with the rock hard cc which will be contaminated from rail, as that is how it is coming right now (she is on her way) - I am afraid to damage. I have Pinnacle light blue clay and Pinnacle lube - Souveran.

I watched an AG video/or read it on the site - can't recall - that you could wash the cat with Klasse AIO. Thought I could add it to my WG autobathe.

I am not sure how the paintwork cleansing lotion will do - it is Souveran, but I have Zymol too, both unused. How much cut could it possibly need?

Told ya it's been a few years!

I have Griot's sealant I wanted to try out, also new.
Then I have Souveran paste and spray, which I have always liked - and I have a lot.

FUNX650
02-01-2014, 05:54 PM
With all of the transit film it'll be wearing...
It shouldn't be totally contaminated with rail dust.

The "Baggie Test" will surely: Tell the Tale!

Bob

ltoman
02-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Blemishes in the paint - after dealer inspection and months I expect Chevy to fix it. Is that out of line? I mean this big deal Stingray thing ia already ridiculous...

ltoman
02-01-2014, 06:00 PM
With all of the transit film it'll be wearing...
It shouldn't be totally contaminated with rail dust.

The "Baggie Test" will surely: Tell the Tale!

Bob
What do you think of the other products?

What did you do with yours?

FUNX650
02-01-2014, 06:35 PM
What do you think of the other products?

What did you do with yours?
-I really don't see where Science supports adding K-AIO to a car-wash/water solution.

Upon receipt of the Corvettes:
-I "Baggie Tested"; clayed with Clay Magic (blue) Note: Less transit-film back then;
lightly polished with 3M IHG (item# 05990)...3M Finesse-it II (item# 05928), or Meguiar's UC where needed; M26 for the LSP.

Your choice of fine finishing materials should work very well, IMHO.

Bob

peter hurcos
02-01-2014, 06:39 PM
In the end it will always depend on the status of the car. But in theory you would need to clay. It will depend on what you are going to do afterwards and what your expectations are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Claybarring a new car is a piece of cake, too. I think there's some benefit to it, but its [I]almost[I]kind of pro-forma. Unless you are pretty negligent you aren't going to hurt it.

ltoman
02-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Claybarring a new car is a piece of cake, too. I think there's some benefit to it, but its [I]almost[I]kind of pro-forma. Unless you are pretty negligent you aren't going to hurt it.

Yah I did my red vette back when I bought it in the late late summer of 2006.... it picked up a lot. But that sat on the dealer's lot 6 months....

Think I will get a better looking result? Every other car I do I always clay. That totals a whole 6 other cars..lol, I know...Feed back please