PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference

Pampered Paint
01-31-2014, 08:36 PM
As I was driving around today I saw two trucks doing deliveries
and they both said -paraphrasing- bringing you the best in professional detailing products.

So my question is what is the difference in what they are using and what we use from here.

I would feel that you could run a shop with any product available on autogeek.net and achieve superior results am i wrong.

Just02896
01-31-2014, 08:39 PM
AG is like that friendly neighborhood store that you can stop in any time, see someone you know, and hang out for a while!

FUNX650
01-31-2014, 09:02 PM
Wouldn't it depend somewhat on what products you would be purchasing from each supplier; their quantity/size availability; and their price-points...
along with the shop's employees skill levels, tools and equipment, among other factors?

There are also only so many chemicals that can be put in any given product at a time.
These "chemicals", that are manufactured at varying locations, are often shared by a host of car-care companies, suppliers, blenders.

And above all:
Since shops want to be profitable...the procurement of supplies, materials, tools, etc., should be part and parcel of their Business Plan---short and long-term.

Bob

PiPUK
01-31-2014, 09:04 PM
Those needing most help to get attention are typically the ones shouting loudest.

There is a lot of crap out there. Often the more money spent marketing, the less spent on the actual product!

VP Mark
01-31-2014, 10:18 PM
Most bulk detailing chemical sellers like the ones you mentioned cater specifically to dealerships selling mediocre products at low prices.

Other than Meguiar's I've never seen one of those mobile detail product wholesalers that sold anything that was even comparable to professional or even enthusiast grade products sold online.

Pampered Paint
01-31-2014, 10:28 PM
Wouldn't it depend somewhat on what products you would be purchasing from each supplier; their quantity/size availability; and their price-points...
along with the shop's employees skill levels, tools and equipment, among other factors?

There are also only so many chemicals that can be put in any given product at a time.
These "chemicals", that are manufactured at varying locations, are often shared by a host of car-care companies, suppliers, blenders.

And above all:
Since shops want to be profitable...the procurement of supplies, materials, tools, etc., should be part and parcel of their Business Plan---short and long-term.

Bob

I agree tools skills price points are all important
maybe I wasn't clear about my question is there a difference in
enthusiast level products vs "professional products" or is it semantics

FUNX650
01-31-2014, 10:37 PM
I agree tools skills price points are all important
maybe I wasn't clear about my question is there a difference in
enthusiast level products vs "professional products" or is it semantics
IMHO...
I believe I covered these talking points in the "chemicals" section, included in my other post (#3).

Bob

Pampered Paint
01-31-2014, 10:39 PM
Thats the crux of the question they say professional
but like you say they are mediocre products
is there a difference in
enthusiast level products vs "professional products" vs what their selling or is it semantics

FUNX650
01-31-2014, 10:52 PM
Thats the crux of the question they say professional
but like you say they are mediocre products
is there a difference in
enthusiast level products vs "professional products" vs what their selling or is it semantics
Who is saying that Professional products are mediocre?

I see no real reasons to be worried about what's in the products that jobbers have on board their wagons!
There will usually be MSDS's readily available for these Professional products.
Try that with "enthusiast"/boutique products!

And you were talking about shops earlier...right?
Businesses are required by law to have these MSDS's in house.

Also:
Please see Post #7; and revisit Post #3...
if you don't mind, that is.

Bob