PDA

View Full Version : One of my favorite products finally made it to the US....

Nick McKees37
01-31-2014, 02:04 PM
http://autogeekonline.net/nick/Winter%202014/sonax-plastic-restorer-gel-1.gif (http://www.autogeek.net/sonax-plastic-restorer-gel.html)

Nearly two years ago SONAX sent me a box of products for testing purposes. One of the items in the box was a product named Plastic Restorer Gel.

I took the box home and tested out everything they sent me. To my surprise, the product I enjoyed the most was the Plastic Restorer Gel.

Why?

Waxing wheels and dressing vinyl/rubber exterior trim are my two favorite things to do to my car. I've always thought that sparkling clean wheels and glossy (but not too glossy) trim set the car off more than anything else (it's a given that my paint looks great ;) ).

SONAX Plastic Restorer Gel is a thick cream that adds the perfect amount of shine to vinyl/rubber exterior trim (side view mirror housings, windshield cowling, etc.). By no means is SONAX Plastic Restorer Gel a permanent trim restorer or coating, but that's okay because I enjoy applying it.

I was thrilled when Jason from SONAX told me at SEMA last year that Plastic Restorer Gel was finally going to be available to US customers. Finally!

SONAX Plastic Restorer Gel is one of those products where I actually feel guilty taking advantage of my employee discount - It's that good.

If you're as fanatical about your trim as I am, pick up a tube and let me know how you like it. :dblthumb2:

SONAX Plastic Restorer Gel (http://www.autogeek.net/sonax-plastic-restorer-gel.html)

Just02896
01-31-2014, 02:41 PM
I'm hooked on WG exterior trim sealant! Not so sure Sonax plastic gel could hold a candle to the WG! Nice to see the variety though!

Nick McKees37
01-31-2014, 04:54 PM
I'm hooked on WG exterior trim sealant! Not so sure Sonax plastic gel could hold a candle to the WG! Nice to see the variety though!

For long-lasting trim protection, Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is tough to beat.

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is defined as a sealant or coating for trim. SONAX Plastic Restorer Gel is defined as a dressing for trim. Wolfgang ETS will outlast SONAX PRG.

I wonder what would happen if I used them both? Might have to find out! Im the MAN

Just02896
01-31-2014, 05:54 PM
For long-lasting trim protection, Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is tough to beat.

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is defined as a sealant or coating for trim. SONAX Plastic Restorer Gel is defined as a dressing for trim. Wolfgang ETS will outlast SONAX PRG.

I wonder what would happen if I used them both? Might have to find out! Im the MAN

If you put the Sonax over the WG, I would surmise to guess that the sonax wouldn't take and would more than likely run down the painted surfaces during the first exposure to rain.

Applied the other way around, who knows. I would assume that the solvent in the WG would allow penetration through the sonax and take just fine. But then again, why not just use only the WG in that case? Lol!

tpr1634
01-31-2014, 06:38 PM

Amen.:buffing:

rjd598
01-31-2014, 07:56 PM
i have some coming to me in the next few days. how long have you seen this last for you nick? also can it be applied to all exterior trim? im still on the hunt for a solid trim dressing that will last me a few washes/months. i'm leaning towards a sealant soon as i'm getting tired of seeing everything streak and break down so quick

HateSwirls
01-31-2014, 08:15 PM
The WGTS is by far the best sealant/dressing for me to use on my trim.
Now you bring another product on board.
Gotta love it:dblthumb2:

Thanks Nick and company:)

allenk4
01-31-2014, 08:21 PM
DLUX, end of story

swanicyouth
01-31-2014, 08:34 PM
WG DGLS works well on all your car surfaces including wheels, glass, and plastic trim. You can coat the whole car (minus the tires - and I'm not even sure that wouldn't work) with the stuff.

Shane731
01-31-2014, 11:32 PM
My favorite trim dressing is Dodo Juice Fantastic Plastic. I got some from PJ last time I went to Detail Fest. Autogeek should really carry this product.

ghji222
05-07-2014, 01:32 AM
Everyone who love his car should really know about the sonex shield which gives the trim protection to cars.I used it many times on my cars for long elating protection.Its a very useful product.:xyxthumbs: