PDA

View Full Version : Which Foam Gun? Gilmour 75QGFMR or Gilmour 95QGFMR?

mc4nam
01-31-2014, 01:51 PM
Looks the Gilmour 95QGFMR is the Foamaster II but does not have an option to quickly detach like the 75QG? Seems like a pain if I need to rinse or am I looking it wrong?

Or, are you guys doing something creative to go from foam to rinse?

Thanks in advance for replies and suggestions.

Robbiek
01-31-2014, 02:10 PM
Make a quick disconnect Its really easy I had the plastic ones and didn't like it so I now have the metals one which work better.

mc4nam
01-31-2014, 02:17 PM
Make a quick disconnect Its really easy I had the plastic ones and didn't like it so I now have the metals one which work better.

Good Idea. Any idea what the difference in these 2 guns are? One is Foammaster. the other is Foam Master II

Robbiek
01-31-2014, 02:23 PM
Have no idea i got one from here but i have no idea which one it is all i know it works very good. Sorry wish i could help

Bill1234
01-31-2014, 02:52 PM
I have the chemical guys foam gun which is the foammaster 2. Great gun, If you know dilution rations, get the foamaster 2

VISITOR
01-31-2014, 04:56 PM
you want the one with the brass sliding pin...
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/xtreme02.jpg

Dogfather
01-31-2014, 07:26 PM

Why is the one with the dial inferior?

TundraPower
01-31-2014, 07:29 PM
Why is the one with the dial inferior?

I had the one with the brass slider and hated it. Get yourself plenty of lube if you expect the "slider" to keep "sliding".

Robbiek
01-31-2014, 07:30 PM
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/xtreme02.jpg

That is the one i have the other one has a plastic top i think

VISITOR
02-01-2014, 12:21 AM
I had the one with the brass slider and hated it. Get yourself plenty of lube if you expect the "slider" to keep "sliding".

it's meant not to slide easily, otherwise would you want it to keep moving side to side when you're using it? the pin locks it into place and when you want to slide it to the next hole/notch, you pull the pin outward and slide it to the next one.

btw, I've had my foam gun for over 7+ years and love it...

KBsToy
02-01-2014, 08:41 AM
it's meant not to slide easily, otherwise would you want it to keep moving side to side when you're using it? the pin locks it into place and when you want to slide it to the next hole/notch, you pull the pin outward and slide it to the next one.

btw, I've had my foam gun for over 7+ years and love it...

Ditto....

Heisenberg
02-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Looks the Gilmour 95QGFMR is the Foamaster II but does not have an option to quickly detach like the 75QG? Seems like a pain if I need to rinse or am I looking it wrong?

Or, are you guys doing something creative to go from foam to rinse?

Thanks in advance for replies and suggestions.

I have the 95QGFMR(the one with the plastic dial not the brass sliding mechanism), it absolutely has a quick release from the hose sprayer. You just squeeze the attachment and the foam canister pops right off, and the sprayer is also extremely high quality. There is also a setting on the foam gun to not use any foam and do straight water. I've had it for about a year and it works great.

Rmd
02-01-2014, 03:43 PM
My experience is same as Heisenberg. Have plastic dial. Easy to use, no issues. Does have a quick disconnect. One of my favorite detailing purchases of all time.

Dogfather
02-01-2014, 06:53 PM
My experience is same as Heisenberg. Have plastic dial. Easy to use, no issues. Does have a quick disconnect. One of my favorite detailing purchases of all time.

Same here.