PDA

View Full Version : Salt Removal, Help Please !!!

KBsToy
01-31-2014, 08:21 AM
Help Please !!!

Here in the burgh its been horrible with the cold and salt. This weekend its suppose to warm up into the 30`s plus and I need to get the salt out of my car interior rugs.
Anything specific or processI can use ???

I do have a Green machine but I don`t know if it can get this mess up.

This stuff is really caked in because I have not been able to keep up with it because of the #$%^ weather we have had here.

THANKS !!!!

KB

DetailedTaco
01-31-2014, 08:30 AM
Run out to your local Home Depot and pick up some Folex. Its like 5 bucks for a liter and a great carpet cleaner. Use a generous amount of Folex on the carpets, agitate with a brush and then hot water extra with your Green Machine.

Evan.J
01-31-2014, 08:31 AM
Some APC, hot water, a stiff carpet brush, and elbow grease

Afterwords invest in weathertech mats then you wont have to do it again.

HD.Detailing
01-31-2014, 08:34 AM
it should work!

STEAM
Folex pretreat - Extractor (green machine)

Then when it's all done (303 carpet protectant) or similar

Stittville Ed
01-31-2014, 08:38 AM
My Wife's drivers mat was very white with salt, every year.........
This time I made sure the mat was dry and used a short bristle brush and that removed most of the salt.
Not perfect but a good start.
In the spring when she changes over to her Camaro convertible I have used a power washer on older mats and have used a washing machine.

Very big problem for sure.

Let us know how you make out :-)

DetailedTaco
01-31-2014, 08:43 AM

:iagree:

Just02896
01-31-2014, 08:58 AM
Yep, Weathertechs are the best!

dragster
01-31-2014, 11:26 AM
AT the shop we use a hot pressure washer on mates. If not just use hot water from a bucket and scrub.

ken tuep
01-31-2014, 12:10 PM
When its way too cold to run water, at home or the car wash, I'll bring my floormats inside to flush them in the shower.

I'll vacuum them first, then throw them in the tub, usually 2 at a time, and spray them with the showerhead. I'll spray with whatever cleaner, scrub with a brush, then rinse again, and extract last.

During the summer, I'll use the pressure washer or tornador instead of the shower.

The salt shouldn't be an issue for the pipes, and might even clear out some roots in your main!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

KBsToy
02-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Some APC, hot water, a stiff carpet brush, and elbow grease

I have the all weather mats but the salt just seemed to go all over. I did order the digital trimmed one because they have the sides on them.

It just seemed the salt just kept spreading.

Getting ready for some cleaning, waiting for the temps to climb alittle.

Elbow grease as adverstised

THANKS for inputs :xyxthumbs:

MattPersman
02-01-2014, 10:09 AM
I have had both the weather tech and the husky and I like the husky better and buy them for each new car we get they are less slippery and also made in the USA