PDA

View Full Version : Under carrage salt removal

Pages : [1] 2 3

tpr1634
01-30-2014, 04:55 PM
Any tips for neutralizing salt under the vehicle, baking soda and car wash mixture sprayed? I'm all ears:buffing:

davidc
01-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Eastwood Road Salt Neutralizer Gallon (http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-road-salt-neutralizer-gallon.html)

Dave

Lexi65
01-30-2014, 05:38 PM
Eastwood Road Salt Neutralizer Gallon (http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-road-salt-neutralizer-gallon.html)

Dave

Please explain which method you use to get the job done!
Feed back please. :buffing:

davidc
01-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Please explain which method you use to get the job done!
Feed back please. :buffing:

When I have used it I dilute into a garden sprayer. Pump it up and start spraying anything showing under the vehicle, let it sit for a while then spray with a hose. If living in areas where driving thru that mess it is up to you the frequency of use but I would use it at least once a week and drench everything underneath wheel wells included.

Dave

Lexi65
01-30-2014, 06:56 PM
When I have used it I dilute into a garden sprayer. Pump it up and start spraying anything showing under the vehicle, let it sit for a while then spray with a hose. If living in areas where driving thru that mess it is up to you the frequency of use but I would use it at least once a week and drench everything underneath wheel wells included.

Dave

How do you get under the car? Car lift? Otherwise, sounds difficult. Just my .02

davidc
01-30-2014, 07:17 PM
How do you get under the car? Car lift? Otherwise, sounds difficult. Just my .02

lay on a creeper and spray with the wand from each side, front and back. No under vehicle. When on Drivers side I am spraying across to Pass. side and when I am on Pass. side I am spraying over to Drivers side.

Dave

mswerb
01-30-2014, 07:31 PM
I have slid my sprinkler under the vehicle and let it go for a few minutes. I either slide the sprinkler around the bottom of the vehicle or move the vehicle itself back and forth to get most of the underside rinsed well.

FUNX650
01-30-2014, 07:49 PM
I have slid my sprinkler under the vehicle and let it go for a few minutes. I either slide the sprinkler around the bottom of the vehicle or move the vehicle itself back and forth to get most of the underside rinsed well.
Wish I was able to do this sprinkler-method, down here in the SW quadrant of Ohio, during the Winter months...

Bob

ken tuep
01-30-2014, 08:18 PM
I just drive through a touch free wash, most will have the bottom blaster. Drive slowly as you go over it.

Sometimes before hand I'll go into a self wash bay, and pressure wash as best I can and soap it all down. I don't know how well it actually works, but makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Robbiek
01-30-2014, 08:18 PM
lay on a creeper and spray with the wand from each side, front and back. No under vehicle. When on Drivers side I am spraying across to Pass. side and when I am on Pass. side I am spraying over to Drivers side.

Dave

That's a good idea i bet touch get some weird looks

davidc
01-30-2014, 08:25 PM
That's a good idea i bet touch get some weird looks

Yeah, it's not everyday you see someone spraying under a vehicle with a garden sprayer but it works and I just roll around the vehicle. It's a good resting spot if I need a nap LOL

Dave

Znig22
01-30-2014, 08:27 PM

What a creative idea, Nice job!

Robbiek
01-30-2014, 09:16 PM
Yeah, it's not everyday you see someone spraying under a vehicle with a garden sprayer but it works and I just roll around the vehicle. It's a good resting spot if I need a nap LOL

Dave

I love it going to use it but if i get any looks im going to tell them i didn't come up with this idea. Lol

KBsToy
01-31-2014, 08:23 AM
I love it going to use it but if i get any looks im going to tell them i didn't come up with this idea. Lol

Im the MAN

Desertnate
01-31-2014, 09:10 AM
I just drive through a touch free wash, most will have the bottom blaster. Drive slowly as you go over it.

Sometimes before hand I'll go into a self wash bay, and pressure wash as best I can and soap it all down. I don't know how well it actually works, but makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

:iagree:

This is exactly what I do. I've found that by hitting the car and undercarriage with the pressure wash the car is far cleaner after going through the touchless than it would have been without.