PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette smoke odor removal

Adam Brooks
07-05-2007, 10:54 AM
I searched and didn't really find anything specific to removing the smoke smell. I bought an S-10 for cheap and after a thorough vacuuming and cleaning (boil water, wear gloves wipe down interior with hot water, works *awesome*) it still reeks. How can I get this smell out?

sneek
07-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Chemical Guys makes an odor eliminator specifically designed to remove odors from smoking. I have a bottle of it, but I don't smoke, so I can't comment on it's performance.

dengood1
07-05-2007, 11:53 AM
meguiars makes odor removers, so does duragloss....both sold right here at AG;) Google "removing smoke malodors".

Al-53
07-05-2007, 12:29 PM
The odor removers work good..but do not always remove the odors 100%...or they may reoccur ..the best way to remove them is a ozone generator....and that may take hours of the machine siting in the car.....cigarette smoke gets deep into the fabric and foam and carpets and under the dash....

they do have a product called a odor bomb....and some say they work..i never used one....you just set it off in the car and let it spray ....best to look up info on it...also see if you have a cabin filter and change that..it will help...plus clean out the heat and AC ducts with a product made to do that...I know AG has a product that cleans AC ducts.....you need to get into the deep holding places to eliminate it all....

Al

scottinflorida
07-05-2007, 03:36 PM
I searched and didn't really find anything specific to removing the smoke smell. I bought an S-10 for cheap and after a thorough vacuuming and cleaning (boil water, wear gloves wipe down interior with hot water, works *awesome*) it still reeks. How can I get this smell out?

Be sure to change the air conditioner air filter too

Al-53
07-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Be sure to change the air conditioner air filter too

that would be the cabin filter....they make some now with activated carbon to absorb odors....a little pricey but should help..thats if you have a cabin filter....my truck does not have one....I looked to replace mine and found out thats it's not there...lol

AL

travisdecpn
07-05-2007, 04:16 PM
The S-10 does not have a cabin air filter, still good gerneral info though. Sometimes you have to go as far as tearing the dash apart to get all of the ashes out that have managed to lodge themselves in all of the openings. The headliner also needs to be cleaned, it absorbs tons of the smoke odor. Woolite and water mixed 8:1 works wonders, just be careful not to overly saturate the headliner (less is more).

Reddwarf
07-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Ozone generator is your best bet.

MrBenz
07-05-2007, 05:01 PM
An ozone generator will completly eliminate the odor....some small room air purifiers generate the appropriate amout of ozone...leaving one running in the interior of the automobile with the windows up for a day should do it...