PDA

View Full Version : is the Rupes LFR75E really worth $200 more then GG3"

Pages : 1 2 [3]

AeroCleanse
02-14-2014, 11:51 PM
I am hoping for a Rupes LHR75E for my birthday, have to see how that goes :)

Woob
02-19-2014, 04:03 PM
I am hoping for a Rupes LHR75E for my birthday, have to see how that goes :)

Same here!

swanicyouth
02-19-2014, 04:26 PM
the gg is worthless in my book

Rupes is the king of polishers, period

The GG6 is more powerful than the Rupes machines. It's very difficult to stop the pad from spinning, so you can polish with a LOT of downward force on it ~25lbs+.

This comes in convenient when removing defects from glass. As far as I know, the GG6 is the only non-forced rotation DA sold in the USA that can take care of defects in glass with CarPro's glass polish and pads fairly easily. As, it takes a lot of downward force to remove defects in glass - and the pad has to spin - FAST!

If I'm wrong, I'd love someone to prove it - and I may be wrong - I'm not a world renown expert. Glass polishing is where the brute power of the machine is a real advantage IME.

Just my experience.

AeroCleanse
02-19-2014, 07:53 PM
The GG6 is more powerful than the Rupes machines. It's very difficult to stop the pad from spinning, so you can polish with a LOT of downward force on it ~25lbs+.

This comes in convenient when removing defects from glass. As far as I know, the GG6 is the only non-forced rotation DA sold in the USA that can take care of defects in glass with CarPro's glass polish and pads fairly easily. As, it takes a lot of downward force to remove defects in glass - and the pad has to spin - FAST!

If I'm wrong, I'd love someone to prove it - and I may be wrong - I'm not a world renown expert. Glass polishing is where the brute power of the machine is a real advantage IME.

Just my experience.

Does a Dynabrade head count as a DA? :buffing:

swanicyouth
02-19-2014, 08:37 PM
Does a Dynabrade head count as a DA? :buffing:

Was waiting for someone to say that. Not to me. But I'm sure it works great if you don't mind the weight.

Colinpd137
02-19-2014, 09:24 PM
I got my rupes lhr75e last night and was able to compare it with my gg3 today. In all honesty yes it was pretty damn expensive.. especially for a 3".

The power, correction, and time it took were 10x better than the gg3. So for me it was a good buy, and don't see myself using the gg3 anymore unless its for sanding (wet/dry) Make sure y'all check deals and such I was able to get mine $50.00 less than the advertised price.

Sent from my phone using my thumb.

mg6045
02-23-2014, 10:50 AM
Its a tough question to answer considering the price. For a professional , its a no brainer, the rupes corrects paint easily while the griots needs perfect technique and a lot more time to produce matching results.

For a weekend warrior the griots will produce good results considering you'll only use it once or twice a year.

If you have the money to spare, get the rupes. Its a powerful machine thats very effective at correction with its gigantic stroke overall.(stroke size : pad size). Also , not needing to use pressure with the rupes helps as well.

Kamakaz1961
02-23-2014, 04:50 PM
I have the GG 3" and mg6045 is correct. If you have a good technique the GG 3" can be a little beast!! It can get in tough areas that a bigger DA can't. I do not have a Rupes so I cannot comment about it. I would assume it is a bigger beast than the GG3. Normally, I just change the backing plates on my Flex 3401 VRG or PC 7424 XP to the smaller backing plates that are just as effective. I am sure that the Rupes sells different backing plates or will soon. Either way my guess you have a great little machine.

Zelfiris
02-26-2014, 07:51 PM
Just got my mini in the mail :D

Can't wait for this winter to blow by

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y513/kouyo/2014-02-26193523_zpsb0303ebe.jpg~original

KMG
02-27-2014, 08:19 AM
Good stuff! Mine has been sitting in the cabinet waiting for the weather to warm up so I can get things rolling again. It certainly seems to be a really nice machine.

cobraa
04-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Is the LHR75E really more agile than the duetto or GC6 ? The body look very similar to me. I'M thinking about simply converting my GC6 to a 3 inch backing plate and there goes my powerful 3 inch polisher for door jamb.

Methodical
05-10-2014, 04:13 PM
I'll be ordering the mini probably this weekend. I will probably get rid of both my PC, or one at least. I may let my brother use the other.