PDA

View Full Version : Polishin' Pal?'s

Pages : [1] 2

scooterguitar
06-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Since the PC migth not happen for awhiel, I am thinking of maybe trying the Polishin' Pal. Should I? Should I get a few more pads as well? Figure I can swing this and a few bottles of SSR.

Neothin
06-05-2006, 10:15 PM
hand polishing, oh how i despise thee...

if you want to attempt it, go ahead. I'm warning you though, it is going to be VERY tiring. also, some polishes are going to leave some pretty bad marring behind. hand polishing won't break down the abrasives enough to finish nicely. be careful.

scooterguitar
06-05-2006, 10:24 PM
yikes.
Figured it owuld be better than my hand method.

MCA
06-05-2006, 10:30 PM
The Polishing Pal is a god-send when it comes to LSP application - very ergonomic handle that made application both fast, easy, and even. However, it definitely is not a replacement for a PC (or even a cheap $20 orbital for that matter) when it comes to defect removal. As Neothin said, hand polishing just cannot generate enough movement or heat to breakdown the abrasives on some polishes. You will end up doing more harm than good - some polishes/compounds feel *gritty* - If you can't break these down, you will create micromarring on your paint (I cringe just thinking about it). If you insist on moving forward, I would try only the lighter polishes (Menzerna FPII, SSR1, *maybe* SSR2, Meg's #80). Hope this helps.

MCA

scooterguitar
06-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Yes, it does help.
I was trying to jstify the purchase, as I have no idea as to when I can get a pc.
Thanks

BILL
06-06-2006, 12:58 PM
:confused: I'm just curious..........how would you mimic a P.C. removing swirls/im perfections etc, using the P.P.? Circular motions?? back and forth motions ?? side to side motions??:confused:

Surfer
06-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Yes, it does help.
I was trying to jstify the purchase, as I have no idea as to when I can get a pc.
ThanksIs it the $$ factor, b/c I thought you were looking at some Souveran which is $?

SnipeJDM
06-06-2006, 01:37 PM
polishin pal = $25
couple extra pads = $10
few bottles of SSR = $36
shipping = $15

total = $86

PC 7336 at lowes = $99 w/ home depot coupon

BlackCoupe
06-06-2006, 05:17 PM
polishin pal = $25
couple extra pads = $10
few bottles of SSR = $36
shipping = $15

total = $86

PC 7336 at lowes = $99 w/ home depot coupon

Yeah, but what about the pads and the SSR? You are doing "purchase justification math" the same way I do!!!

BILL
06-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Yeah, but what about the pads and the SSR? You are doing "purchase justification math" the same way I do!!!

A LITTLE NOTE:: One must be very carefull when they buy tools from places like kohl's, wal-mart, or on-line fly by night sites, many items are re-built / re-furbished units that may not have the original parts and internal mechanisms that make an original an original you get what you pay for......but with that said.....
he might luck out with places like kohl's etc........:) Buyer beware.....

scooterguitar
06-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Yes, it's hte $ factor for me! I gotta buy a new lawn tractor tomorrow, getting married soon, and grad skewl classes. Imagine I'll just sell a few small itmes and save up for a pc and be doen with it!
Thanks for all yoru help

BILL
06-06-2006, 06:10 PM
So then you hang out with the P.P. for a while.........;)

Surfer
06-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Yes, it's hte $ factor for me! I gotta buy a new lawn tractor tomorrow, getting married soon, and grad skewl classes. Imagine I'll just sell a few small itmes and save up for a pc and be doen with it!
Thanks for all yoru helptell your fiance she can wait, PC is more important. PC>Wedding :D

scooterguitar
06-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Well, we are getting married at Graceland! I picked that :>)

ScottB
06-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Well, we are getting married at Graceland! I picked that :>)

last choice you will ever make ... (wife looking over shoulder) .... Congratulations on your impending numptials ..... (wife leaves) ..... why should you be any happier than the rest of us !!!! :applause:

hint ---- wedding gifts = $$$ = household items, like a buffer