PDA

View Full Version : driving in the rain

Pages : [1] 2

tunakiller
01-29-2014, 02:48 PM
is it just me, or does anyone else "kinda like" driving in the rain cause you look at your hood more than the road cause the water beading up and rolling towards you in the wind is cool???

I super like it. like to watch the water bead and roll!

thanks,
rob

GenesisCoupe
01-29-2014, 02:51 PM
Yes, i do like to see that, especially when sitting in traffic. I don't like the fact that i have to wash my car yet again though, especially if i just laid a new coat of something on the paint.

Desertnate
01-29-2014, 02:55 PM
Same here.

Not only do I like the water beads rolling up the hood, but I find the overall experience relaxing. Maybe its the steady drum of the wipers and the white noise-like sound of the rain and spray.

AutowerxDetailing
01-29-2014, 02:59 PM
I love it. For me it's the water beads flying up and off my coated windshield on the highway. I can't remember the last time I needed to use my wipers above 50mph.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online

rms64
01-29-2014, 03:00 PM
Same here. Raining today in Florida and I coated my car with PBL last weekend. I was enjoying watching the drops fly off my hood, and go the other direction while braking - never experienced that one before. :xyxthumbs:

allenk4
01-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Same here.

Not only do I like the water beads rolling up the hood, but I find the overall experience relaxing. Maybe its the steady drum of the wipers and the white noise-like sound of the rain and spray.

Wipers....we don't need no Stinkin' wipers!

G1/Aquapel/Rain-X

Coopers ST
01-29-2014, 03:32 PM
On my old Hyundai the water would pool up 3/4 of the way up the hood. It seemed it found a low pressure area and just couldn't get past there. When you would stop a gallon of water would run down the hood. It was actually fun watching how much water would collect before it would spill off and start again.

tunakiller
01-29-2014, 03:38 PM
Same here. Raining today in Florida and I coated my car with PBL last weekend. I was enjoying watching the drops fly off my hood, and go the other direction while braking - never experienced that one before. :xyxthumbs:

rms, I'm stationed up in Jacksonville, and have had the crappy rain as you... :(

regardless, I too enjoy watching them roll off the hood vice towards me.

I have a 2010 Mustang GT with a Rousch stage 2 hood, and the particular valleys make them "shoot" off the front, when I brake.

BT: What is a good product to put on my windows?

cheers
Rob

SYMAWD
01-29-2014, 03:40 PM
I like it as long as the car I'm driving as a sealed or coated windshield.

FUNX650
01-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Even though a rain event will usually signify it's above freezing temperatures:

When driving:
Give me the bright Sunshiny-days;
and warm...with no rain in sight...nights.

Raining?
Let it rain...all that it wants to...while I'm:
"Aslumber...Did My Spirit Seal"...
(As William Wordsworth once put to quill)

Bob

rms64
01-29-2014, 03:44 PM
rms, I'm stationed up in Jacksonville, and have had the crappy rain as you... :(

regardless, I too enjoy watching them roll off the hood vice towards me.

I have a 2010 Mustang GT with a Rousch stage 2 hood, and the particular valleys make them "shoot" off the front, when I brake.

BT: What is a good product to put on my windows?

cheers
Rob

Nice, love that Rousch look - and makes me miss my Saleen (which I do daily anyway :( )

For windows, this may not be the most popular choice here due to "cost of entry" but I REALLY like this stuff:

Permanon Glass Surface, permanon glass cleaner, permanon glass supershine (http://www.autogeek.net/permanon-glass.html)

It works incredibly well IMHO, doesn't streak at all (I use a waffle weave to apply / wipe) and water just flies off of my windows. It's the best I've found - yes it's pricey but I mix to a 5% solution with distilled water and a little goes a very long way. My $.02.

Enjoy the rain!

hernandez.art13
01-29-2014, 03:51 PM
Driving in the rain on the fwy (which is rare here on Los Angeles) is really fun to see the water droplets just fly off the windshield when it is coated.

Like said above you pretty much don't have to use your windshield wipers anymore.

I didn't know this so I had the wipers on and was shocked to see Opti Coat doing it's work and was even more shocked when I was the only car on the fwy that didn't have their wipers on. It was pretty amazing. I wish someone was with me in the car to see it also.

So yes I do enjoy it also :)

jakonrad
01-29-2014, 04:05 PM

G1/Aquapel/Rain-X

+1

Desertnate
01-29-2014, 04:11 PM

G1/Aquapel/Rain-X

I've used the Rain-X washer fluid and I'm not a fan. In light misty or road spray conditions when you do need your wipers, it makes them streak badly. At night that made the visibility really difficult. It does improve visibility in moderate to hard rain, but I still like clearing the water off the glass with the wipers.

hernandez.art13
01-29-2014, 04:42 PM
You guys should check out Opti Glass.

Opti Coat worked great so I could only imagine Opti Glass would work just as great and last longer on glass