PDA

View Full Version : G110V2 plastic yellow housing is cracked.

Hoytman
01-29-2014, 12:06 PM
Was looking at my G110V2 and noticed the yellow plastic housing is cracked in several places. The machine is past it's warranty date, but it only has about 6 hours total on the machine since most of my work has been done with a rotary. I'd take some pictures, but I'm away at the moment.

Anyone else have this happen?

Will it hurt anything and will I need to have it replaced?

Flash Gordon
01-29-2014, 12:11 PM
I would continue using unless it looks like it's about to fly apart

Hoytman
01-29-2014, 12:13 PM
I would continue using unless it looks like it's about to fly apart

Other than the crack it seems pretty normal. Wait...guess I do remember placing the backing plate and pad on the table and applying pressure and watching the cracks open up a bit. At this time I don't think it will affect the use of the machine, but was sure if the issue would worsen.

Flash Gordon
01-29-2014, 12:16 PM
Other than the crack it seems pretty normal. Wait...guess I do remember placing the backing plate and pad on the table and applying pressure and watching the cracks open up a bit. At this time I don't think it will affect the use of the machine, but was sure if the issue would worsen.

Everything (except wine I guess) gets worse with time Bill. Keep your head on a swivel when using this machine and I'm sure you'll be fine

:buffing:

Mike Phillips
01-29-2014, 12:22 PM
Everything (except wine I guess) gets worse with time

Hey that's one of my lines....

:D

Mike Phillips
01-29-2014, 12:25 PM
Hi Bill,

I dropped one once and cracked it. Actually a chunk broke off. Still worked fine but for safety reasons a piece of curved plastic was placed on the outside of the shroud and then secured with Gorilla Tape. Kind of like a curved band-aid.

Not a perfect fix but it put the tool back into the game...

:)

Hoytman
01-29-2014, 12:25 PM
Everything (except wine I guess) gets worse with time Bill. Keep your head on a swivel when using this machine and I'm sure you'll be fine

:buffing:

Yes, but it's taken me 40 years to start falling apart, not 6 hours. LOL! :D

Thanks, Mike. Didn't really think it was hurting anything at the moment. Just making sure for down the road.