PDA

View Full Version : DP Prep Polish vs. PBL??

WRAPT C5Z06
01-29-2014, 08:34 AM
Stuff can be a pain in the rear to remove. Too watery also. Kind of defeats the purpose of polishing if towel marring is induced. I like the idea behind it, though. Is PBL prep polish easier to remove?

Any tips on the DP?

HateSwirls
01-29-2014, 08:43 AM
I have high hopes in the DP Prep Polish.
In fact it will be my new way of cleaning my paint and to also remove my lsp.

Did you do it by hand or machine?
This is the first time I hear it was hard to remove.

Would you like to sell what you have left?
I'd like to try it for myself.

Nick McKees37
01-29-2014, 08:50 AM
Stuff can be a pain in the rear to remove. Too watery also. Kind of defeats the purpose of polishing if towel marring is induced. I like the idea behind it, though. Is PBL prep polish easier to remove?

If it's difficult to remove, then you're working it in far too long. If you're applying it with a polisher, only a couple passes is needed. Remember, it's a non-abrasive polish that's designed to chemically strip the surface. Excessive pressure, high speeds, and long working times are not necessary.

With that said, I think you'll find Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish easier to work with because it is considerably thicker.

How Thick is Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/products-guides/72475-how-thick-black-label-surface-cleansing-polish.html)

http://autogeekonline.net/nick/Diamond%20Paint%20Coating/DSCN5903.JPG

Try adjusting your technique for applying DP Coating Prep Polish, and I think you'll find it easy to work with.

:dblthumb2:

WRAPT C5Z06
01-29-2014, 08:50 AM
I have high hopes in the DP Prep Polish.
In fact it will be my new way of cleaning my paint and to also remove my lsp.

Did you do it by hand or machine?
This is the first time I hear it was hard to remove.

Would you like to sell what you have left?
I'd like to try it for myself.
It's not nearly as bad to remove as M105, I just wish it was a bit easier and glided off the paint. You have to use a bit of elbow grease, IME. I'd rather not sell it because I like to use it on headlights before applying opti-lens. However, PM me your address and I'll send you a sample. :dblthumb2:

If it's difficult to remove, then you're working it in far too long. If you're applying it with a polisher, only a couple passes is needed. Remember, it's a non-abrasive polish that's designed to chemically strip the surface. Excessive pressure, high speeds, and long working times are not necessary.

With that said, I think you'll find Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish easier to work with because it is considerably thicker.

How Thick is Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/products-guides/72475-how-thick-black-label-surface-cleansing-polish.html)
Thanks, Nick! I'll adjust my technique.

FWIW, I likee the idea of PBL being thicker.

Tato
01-29-2014, 09:21 AM
That's it, just like Nick said.

When I first ordered my PBL polish, next day entered a review giving it 1 star and telling it was really difficult to remove. I was in 'shock'!, and after 20 days my bottle arrived and I couldn't be more satisfied with it.

In fact, it was really easy to use, intuitive. Product is thick, spreads really well and even smells good (not something to be using as perfume, but not chemical or harsh...). Some 'vanilla' notes. It's enjoyable to use. Wipe off was very easy. A little goes a long way. You can feel it's top quality product.

That day, I've used it just like related by Nick, as a cleaning lotion, by machine, few passes and not trying to 'polish' swirls from the surface with it.

Following that day, my next try with PBL polish was messy. I was confident I could use it to polish refining the compound using it + the cut of a polishing pad (PBL polish has no cut)... saving time doing polish+cleaning 1-step lol!

it was a really hot day, and I've done the unfortunate triad with PBL: too much product, too much pressure, too many passes. Dusted a lot and was PITH (pain in the head!) to remove.

I've stated something like Mark said: harsh to remove defeats the purpose of product.

What I mean, if you don't use product correctly, we not always can blame the product.

That experience showed me that PBL polish has a very specific role and may be used with a polishing pad, but for chemical cleaning purpose with tweaked technique. It was hard to remove for me on the related above situation, but that was only my fault.

That's also why we do test spots!

Hope I've helped,

Kind Regards.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-29-2014, 09:34 AM
That's it, just like Nick said.

When I first ordered my PBL polish, next day entered a review giving it 1 star and telling it was really difficult to remove. I was in 'shock'!, and after 20 days my bottle arrived and I couldn't be more satisfied with it.

In fact, it was really easy to use, intuitive. Product is thick, spreads really well and even smells good (not something to be using as perfume, but not chemical or harsh...). Some 'vanilla' notes. It's enjoyable to use. Wipe off was very easy. A little goes a long way. You can feel it's top quality product.

That day, I've used it just like related by Nick, as a cleaning lotion, by machine, few passes and not trying to 'polish' swirls from the surface with it.

Following that day, my next try with PBL polish was messy. I was confident I could use it to polish refining the compound using it + the cut of a polishing pad (PBL polish has no cut)... saving time doing polish+cleaning 1-step lol!

it was a really hot day, and I've done the unfortunate triad with PBL: too much product, too much pressure, too many passes. Dusted a lot and was PITH (pain in the head!) to remove.

I've stated something like Mark said: harsh to remove defeats the purpose of product.

What I mean, if you don't use product correctly, we not always can blame the product.

That experience showed me that PBL polish has a very specific role and may be used with a polishing pad, but for chemical cleaning purpose with tweaked technique. It was hard to remove for me on the related above situation, but that was only my fault.

That's also why we do test spots!

Hope I've helped,

Kind Regards.
Thanks! :props: