PDA

View Full Version : Eagle one wax as u dry.

Nicklyons
01-28-2014, 07:11 PM
I used the product today on a black Audi A4, and a forest green Edge. I will say that the results were amazing considering that I cut down my dry time AND spray waxed the car at the same time. (These were mobile wash and vacs). The thing that surprised me the most is that it did not streak out in the direct florida sun on dark colors to boot.

Does anyone else have any experience with this product? Any pros/cons I should know about before I order a bunch of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcw25
01-28-2014, 07:15 PM
I have always used it and it's good. I think though you can find better options here at Autogeek.

If you're looking for longevity, Reload is an option (however it tends to streak so it's probably not a viable option)

Hydro2 rocks, just spray on and spray off. Durability is good for a product you don't even have to touch. Not really the most cost effective choice.

Sonax Brilliant Detailer is a great option. Looks great, and beads TIGHT. However, it doesn't last too long.

There are plenty of others, but I like those.

:)

HateSwirls
01-28-2014, 07:18 PM
I just found out how well the DPQD works as a drying aid, good stuff:)

FUNX650
01-28-2014, 07:40 PM
Any pros/cons I should know about before I order a bunch of it?

With all the pros you've listed: :wow:

I wouldn't dare to list any cons...
even if I knew of any. http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/4f5351304ab776564c8dda507fc19484f8a9247.gif

Bob

MadMerc
01-28-2014, 07:44 PM
I used the product today on a black Audi A4, and a forest green Edge. I will say that the results were amazing considering that I cut down my dry time AND spray waxed the car at the same time. (These were mobile wash and vacs). The thing that surprised me the most is that it did not streak out in the direct florida sun on dark colors to boot.

Does anyone else have any experience with this product? Any pros/cons I should know about before I order a bunch of it?

It's a pretty good product, no doubt, but I found that you can use Aquawax in the same way. It adds so much more gloss and slickness to the paint. And it's pretty inexpensive.

BillE
01-29-2014, 07:55 AM
I use it and I like it.

I've tried other methods, but in all honesty Wax-U-Dry works well for me. The one thing I really appreciate is that a little bit goes a long way.

I should add, we have some fairly hard water here and using the W-U-D, I can get the water off quickly with NO SPOTTING!

Just my 2¢...

Bill

dpk20x
01-29-2014, 08:17 AM
I really like it too. I feel it actually outperforms aquawax as a drying aid. I use a few sprays on a damp microfiber and it does a great job of 'mopping' up water.

HateSwirls
01-29-2014, 08:23 AM
Cool it works so well being it's found OTC.
Thanks for posting your new find:)

parttimer
01-29-2014, 08:24 AM
I use it as a drying aid as well. Works pretty good and in a pinch I use it on my black 300. Leaves a good shine.

dpk20x
01-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Maybe it's just me but does anyone think it has slight filling properties?

Desertnate
01-29-2014, 09:28 AM
I haven't used it as a drying aid, but did find the longevity was about a week.

KBsToy
01-29-2014, 10:03 AM
I haven't used it as a drying aid, but did find the longevity was about a week.

I have used Lucas spray wax as a drying agent when wiping off car after wash.

Nicklyons
01-29-2014, 02:15 PM

I feel like it does.

Most of the vehicles I would use is on get washed every week anyways. And waxed at least once a month.

Rsurfer
01-29-2014, 02:35 PM
I have used Lucas spray wax as a drying agent when wiping off car after wash.

And you can use it in the sun.

BillyJack
01-29-2014, 08:37 PM

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why it and the Eagle One spray wax are so popular with the car cruise guys in my area. I use to use it before my AG days, but after I tried Aquawax, Optimum and Ultima Wash & Wax as drying aids, I never looked back.
As we all know, strolling around a car cruise is the best way to see the shiniest swirls on the planet.

Bill