PDA

View Full Version : question for gary sword

gary26
07-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Hey Gary !!

When you did the 2 coat Wolfgang Gloss Sealant/ 2 coat Liquid Soveran did you wait 12 hours between the Wolgang Sealant ? I've made my first order and waiting for products.
. Just want to get the final details together. Can't wait to start detailing.
Thanks Gary26

Gary Sword
07-04-2007, 08:26 PM
When I did the 2 coats of Wolfgang DGPS and 2 coats of original Liquid Souveran on my wife's white car I waited about 24 hours between coats (usually a new coat each day). My wife usually drives another car so the time between coats was not a problem for me. I think it's recomended that you wait at least 12 hours between coats of DGPS.

Don't forget to post some pictures of your detail.

gary26
07-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Thanks Gary
I hope my results are as good as yours. I went to a professional paint shop to ask there opinion about polishing my white diamond paint job. He showed me with 1000 watt quartz lights very light spider webbing in about 3 spots on the whole car. I decided to use XMT 360 because I'm little bit unsure of polishing. So my plan is Pinnacle Clay, XMT 360, Wolfgang Paintworks, 2 coats Wolfgang Gloss Sealant, 2 coats liquid Souveran. Please if you have any other advise I'm all ears. Purchased all at Autogeek, to arrive Thursday or Friday.

gary26

Jimmie
07-05-2007, 12:06 AM
Good to know guys. Thanks.

dontsleeponit
07-05-2007, 12:23 AM
are you guys doing the two coats to achieve more durability, or are you actually seeing more shine/depth with two coats? This goes for both the sealant and wax.

FMINUS
07-05-2007, 12:41 AM
are you guys doing the two coats to achieve more durability, or are you actually seeing more shine/depth with two coats? This goes for both the sealant and wax.

Same question I have

gary26
07-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Good questions I hope Gary answers us. I don't know if you guys have seen his pictures of his wife's Mercedes but the car looks dripping wet with intense depth. That's the look I want for my Cadillac SRX. Hey Gary help us out !

6LS2
07-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Gary, you got some pictures of your wifes car after you did it?

P1et
07-05-2007, 11:21 AM
I think it's both that AND to ensure even coverage.

gary26
07-06-2007, 10:40 PM
The photo's of Gary's wife's White Mercedes is in the photo gallery. It looks awesome ! I want that look for my Cadillac SRX in White Diamond.

Gary Sword
07-07-2007, 06:47 AM
Good questions I hope Gary answers us. I don't know if you guys have seen his pictures of his wife's Mercedes but the car looks dripping wet with intense depth. That's the look I want for my Cadillac SRX. Hey Gary help us out !

Sorry but I'm stuck in Detroit on business and I have not had much time to get on the forum.

I like to put on 2 coats on for coverage but it often seems to add more depth and wetness. That's NOT to say that you can keep applying more coats of a product and continue add more depth and wetness to the paint because it's not the case. I think 2 coats of a product is good. If you start putting coats then that on I think you just wasting your time and money.

I'll be glad to get back home to Florida hopefully next weekend.

BILL
07-07-2007, 07:15 AM
I think it's both that AND to ensure even coverage.

EXACTLY: thats the only reason i put 2 coats;)