PDA

View Full Version : Question about Chem Guys M-Seal

davidgt1
01-28-2014, 05:52 PM
I have a 2014 Pearl White Mazda5 and bought some M-Seal to protect it. My dad also gave me some Klasse AIO.

I was planning on doing this:

1) wash
2) clay
3) Klasse AIO
4) wait 24 hours then M-Seal
5) possibly wax after

Is it ok to use the AIO before M-Seal?
Am I better off skipping the Klasse AIO since it's meant to be used with the Klasse SG?

I can always do a test run with this on my beater car just wondering what you guys think.

GenesisCoupe
01-28-2014, 06:09 PM
I think you are better off skipping the Klasse, as M-Seal is a pure sealant. It does look great on dark colored vehicles, not sure about white though, however i would also think it will look great :)

FUNX650
01-28-2014, 06:23 PM
Is it ok to use the AIO before M-Seal?

Am I better off skipping the Klasse AIO since it's meant to be used with the Klasse SG?

Per CG's:
"Once a surface is properly placed and prepped to assure a smooth "oxide free" surface...
M-Seal is applied to the surface to protect and enhance."

"M-Seal bonds chemically to the pores of the paintwork to seal and protect the now highly polished surface."

With this information in mind:
-I don't know of any guarantee that says that: By prepping the paint surfaces with K-AIO will,
or will not, prevent any "oxides" from forming.
Also:
-M-Seal is stated to prefer chemically-bonding with paint pores...not with an AIO, for example.

If concerns still abound:
I'll suggest to forego the K-AIO on the Mazda (Wife's vehicle...correct?).
Not because it's meant as a precursor to an application of KHGSG.
Rather, as a possible vehicle-of-interference between M-Seal's bonding with paint pores.

Bob

davidgt1
01-28-2014, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys I'll skip the Klasse and save it for other vehicles.

Angler
01-28-2014, 08:09 PM
I clayed my 19 year old pickup truck the weekend before last and then applied M-Seal. Couldn't be happier with the results so far. :props: BTW, the truck is white. I think you will be very happy with the way it turns out.

inDetail
01-28-2014, 09:34 PM
M-Seal is nice. Follow the directions and you will be happy. With a well prepped surface and a wax on top of the M Seal I had protection outside for 3 months before I noticed it starting to fail. That was with one wash in three months.
I was able to boost it up to 4 with a wash and a quick wipe down of detail juice.