PDA

View Full Version : Supersoft vs Edgeless MF towel

fastfurious23
01-28-2014, 02:24 PM
If I had to buy only one kind of these towels for waterless washing on paint, which one would you guys recommend? They are both 75/25 but the Edgeless has a flat weave on one side and a plush on the other side. I'm thinking the Edgeless is a little bit more expensive because it has no edges, so maybe the quality of both towels are about the same?

Green Edgeless Polishing Cloth (http://www.autogeek.net/edgeless-detailing-towel.html)

Edgeless is 3 for $12.99

Super Soft Deluxe Green Microfiber Towels with Rolled Edges, microfiber buffing towels, micro fiber (http://www.autogeek.net/green-rolled-edge-towels-3.html)

Supersoft is 3 for $9.99

01-28-2014, 03:00 PM
You're gonna want to use the side of the towel that is plush or has longer threads, this will pick up more dirt. I use the 9.99 ones...

gh0st
05-31-2016, 11:41 PM
I've tried some edgeless that are much plusher than those linked above, as well as the Rolled Edge Super Plush you linked.

The Super Plush Rolled edge are hands down my go to towel for rinseless, waterless, and quick detailing. Awesome towels.

silverfox
06-01-2016, 04:51 AM
I only buy 100% Korean MF towels.

asap2stacks
06-01-2016, 05:48 AM
What do you use on windows

frankprozzoly
06-01-2016, 06:49 AM
I wouldn't use either one for rinseless

TTQ B4U
06-01-2016, 10:11 AM
The Super Plush Rolled edge are hands down my go to towel for rinseless, waterless, and quick detailing. Awesome towels.

these are nice towels for detailing on dark colors. the edgeless ones I use tend to leave very fine hairs or lint-ish residue behind when doing detail spray and wiping. These do not. Just be careful not to mix them with other towels when laundering. I have 24 of them so that I can go weeks before washing them all together in 1 load.

What do you use on windows

I use the cheap thin store bought ones. They are awesome for windows and where ever you need to "clean" including interiors, door jams and wheels.

^^ this. 480Ggsm or higher. Eagle Edgeless 480gsm are amazing for waterless washing. Longer strands, hold tons of water thick and soft but not too much so thus I can fold them and get 16 clean surfaces out of each.

frankprozzoly
06-01-2016, 10:39 AM
these are nice towels for detailing on dark colors. the edgeless ones I use tend to leave very fine hairs or lint-ish residue behind when doing detail spray and wiping. These do not. Just be careful not to mix them with other towels when laundering. I have 24 of them so that I can go weeks before washing them all together in 1 load.

I use the cheap thin store bought ones. They are awesome for windows and where ever you need to "clean" including interiors, door jams and wheels.

^^ this. 480Ggsm or higher. Eagle Edgeless 480gsm are amazing for waterless washing. Longer strands, hold tons of water thick and soft but not too much so thus I can fold them and get 16 clean surfaces out of each.

I use the eagle edgeless for my rinseless but that didn't look like the towels the op posted. I have the orange edgeless towels

TTQ B4U
06-01-2016, 12:09 PM
I use the eagle edgeless for my rinseless but that didn't look like the towels the op posted. I have the orange edgeless towels

correct. funny....I use orange for my washing too.

kevincwelch
06-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Super Soft Deluxe Green Microfiber Towels with Rolled Edges, microfiber buffing towels, micro fiber (http://www.autogeek.net/green-rolled-edge-towels-3.html)

Supersoft is 3 for $9.99

I bought these, and I did not have the best experience with them. I didn't think they absorbed well. I had thicker towels for waterless and rinseless washing, and they weren't any better than my standard blues for buffing. I used them for jambs, and they weren't any good there either. I finally ended up using them for interior work, but they do the same job as Costco towels IMHO.

I only buy 100% Korean MF towels.

Yup.

Edgeless, Chameleon or Everest are much better for rinseless.

480Ggsm or higher. Eagle Edgeless 480gsm are amazing for waterless washing. Longer strands, hold tons of water thick and soft but not too much so thus I can fold them and get 16 clean surfaces out of each.

Agree 100%. I love the Eagle Edgeless. Everest are quickly becoming a favorite as well.