PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner Waxes

Pages : [1] 2

hbrett29
01-28-2014, 01:25 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm looking into trying some different cleaner waxes to use as a tool for some production detailing, to use on some daily drives. I tried Meguiars Cleaner Wax (the paste one) and was not overly impressed with the correction value it gave. I know I'm not going to get a perfect finish with a cleaner wax, but I thought I would get a little more than I did.

I used the Meguiars Cleaner Wax with a meguiars finishing pad on a PC DA. You think I would have gotten some better results with a polishing pad? I dont think I recieved "bad" results but I was looking for a little more.

Anyone try any other brands and have good results?
Thanks All!

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
01-28-2014, 01:35 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/58359-how-use-one-step-cleaner-wax-maximize-profits.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/56794-how-remove-stains-embedded-dirt-out-paint.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23263-difference-between-cleaner-wax-finishing-wax.html

Enjoy! :dblthumb2:

FUNX650
01-28-2014, 01:41 PM
Meguiar's cleaner-waxes:
-A12 (maroon bottle)
-White Wax
-Black Wax
Meguiar's cleaner-sealant
-M20

Klasse AIO

Bob

jakonrad
01-28-2014, 01:41 PM
I just tested Prima Epic over the weekend.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/75805-can-prima-epic-used-aio.html

jankerson
01-28-2014, 01:48 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm looking into trying some different cleaner waxes to use as a tool for some production detailing, to use on some daily drives. I tried Meguiars Cleaner Wax (the paste one) and was not overly impressed with the correction value it gave. I know I'm not going to get a perfect finish with a cleaner wax, but I thought I would get a little more than I did.

I used the Meguiars Cleaner Wax with a meguiars finishing pad on a PC DA. You think I would have gotten some better results with a polishing pad? I dont think I recieved "bad" results but I was looking for a little more.

Anyone try any other brands and have good results?
Thanks All!

The ones to look into IMO would be:

Megs D151

Megs Mirror Glaze #6

Megs Mirror Glaze #66

Megs Mirror Glaze #20, more of a cleaner sealant, chemical cleaner, non abrasive.

D151 would be the top choice IMO, that and or #66 as they are made for production detailing.

hbrett29
01-28-2014, 01:50 PM
Thanks, this weekend I am going to try the Meguiars Cleaner again with a polishing pad, to see if this extra cut gives much of a difference. But I have been looking into Klasse AIO.

hbrett29
01-28-2014, 01:52 PM
I just tested Prima Epic over the weekend.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/75805-can-prima-epic-used-aio.html

I haven't tried the Prima epic, but I have tried the Hydro Max Spray and loved it. Have you used other Prima products you liked? I'm thinking of trying their Hydro Wash next.

jankerson
01-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Thanks, this weekend I am going to try the Meguiars Cleaner again with a polishing pad, to see if this extra cut gives much of a difference. But I have been looking into Klasse AIO.

That's an OTC product, might be better off with #6 in the Professional Mirror Glaze line or #66 as they offer more cut.

Dellinger
01-28-2014, 01:54 PM
hbrett29-

Welcome to AG, if you haven't been properly greeted!

First, regarding AIOs and cleaner waxes, I will defer to the fantastic article by Mr. Mike Phillips...

How to use a one-step cleaner/ wax to maximize profits (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/58359-how-use-one-step-cleaner-wax-maximize-profits.html)

To speak to your question, in general you will find a plethora of cleaner waxes ranging in their ability of cleaning and cutting. This requires some legwork on your part to research and synthesis their differences.

And you are correct, A-12 (retail Meg's Cleaner Wax) is not a product to expect much from regarding the level of correction.

If you are looking for a retail cleaner wax, with a relatively increased amount of correction, Meg's Color X should be a consideration.

If you are shopping here at AG, then again, you will find a long list of great cleaner waxes/ AIOs.

Finally, pad choice will augment the corrective abilities of whatever cleaner wax/ AIO you choose. So, in theory, a polishing pad should give greater cut vs. a finishing pad.

I have an excess of D151 (Meg's Detailer Line Paint Reconditioning Cream... arguably, a heavy hitter in its cutting ability.) Would you like a sample? If so, PM me and I'll ship some your way.

Best regards,
-Gabe

Hoytman
01-28-2014, 02:45 PM
You could buy more products, or get more aggressive with your pad choice. You may have to do both if you expect more, but having more aggressive pad choices can help and in my opinion will offer you more cut, which still may not be enough for what you desire. A test spot will tell you what you need to know.

jakonrad
01-28-2014, 03:25 PM
I haven't tried the Prima epic, but I have tried the Hydro Max Spray and loved it. Have you used other Prima products you liked? I'm thinking of trying their Hydro Wash next.

I'm a little biased because I've used Prima for exteriors strictly over my whole career, but I really enjoy their system and I've found no reason to try anything else.

Hydro Wash is formulated for use with their other Hydro products since there is no polymer in it and it will allow the Hydro to bond better. If you're looking for something to wash with between waxings then I would recommend Mystique.

hbrett29
01-28-2014, 06:59 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies. Gabe is kind enough to send me a sample of the meguiars D151. I'm going to give this a try and see how it works. And then possibly try the meguiars #66.

jgibson2980
01-28-2014, 07:43 PM
Have been looking at subject like this all day I need some megs151 to try out . Next order its a plus

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

RenZhenxing
01-29-2014, 12:17 AM
Zaino-AIO
Klasse-AIO
Autoglym-SRP

davey g-force
01-29-2014, 12:35 AM
Megs D151 for the win !!