PDA

View Full Version : Need help with correction process

Pages : [1] 2

BrianMcLeod
01-26-2014, 07:54 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if you could look at my process of correcting paint and the products I use if you see anything that is wrong please let me know!! Thanks Feed back please
I wash the car 2 bucket meathod or foam the car. clay the car with mothers clay that I buy from a local store.

Compound the car with m105 with a orange lc foam pad wipe away with gold plush mf

polish with m205 with a gold pad but am going to change to a white pad

I am wondering if I should try a new compound combo?

How does this correction look?? reason why I ask because in some of the cars I correct I can see strait scratches like swirls but straigt I will try to get some good photos tomorrow! :thankyousign:

shagnat
01-26-2014, 08:02 PM
sounds like your product selection is top notch..... i'm guess it may be technique that needs to be perfected.

BrianMcLeod
01-26-2014, 09:14 PM
Ok thanks should I try some other compound?

Evan.J
01-26-2014, 09:48 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if you could look at my process of correcting paint and the products I use if you see anything that is wrong please let me know!! Thanks Feed back please
I wash the car 2 bucket meathod or foam the car. clay the car with mothers clay that I buy from a local store.

Compound the car with m105 with a orange lc foam pad wipe away with gold plush mf

polish with m205 with a gold pad but am going to change to a white pad

I am wondering if I should try a new compound combo?

How does this correction look?? reason why I ask because in some of the cars I correct I can see strait scratches like swirls but straigt I will try to get some good photos tomorrow! :thankyousign:
Straight light scratches should like towel marks to me.
The only other thing it would be is DA hazing from the m105.

When do you see the scratches?

What are you working on?

What kind of towels and are they clean?

Chris@AutoCleanse
01-26-2014, 09:51 PM
I would add a iron x treatment to the mix.

Meticulous-Detail
01-26-2014, 09:54 PM
Also what machine are you using? Speed? Pressure? Etc.

All cars have different paint systems and what works on one might not work on others. You need to have a variety of pads to work with and always do a test spot. On really soft paint sometimes a finishing pad and a compound will get the job done, do if you got straight to a cutting pad and 105 you will get haze or marring.

Straight line scratches sound like a towel or pressure issue.

BrianMcLeod
01-26-2014, 11:24 PM
I see the scratches after m105 with orange pad! After I wipe off it looks good with my light but when it's in the sun you can see them

It is a dodge ram 2006 and a Lexus ls 460

I am using gold plush to wipe off I posted a thread how to get the little spots of and how to keep them clean

What is iron x?

I'm using the flex 3401

Speed 5

Pressure usually just the tool? But not sure what should it be?

BrianMcLeod
01-26-2014, 11:25 PM
I see them in parts of the Lexus I did for a friend but just have to fix some parts

Going to buy some more pads what kind should I get hope I don't run out of time for the sale!

Hazcat
01-27-2014, 12:20 AM
Could be some random isolated deep scratches (RIDS) that you don't see with all the swirls. Once you polish out the swirls the RIDS stick out like a sore thumb. Your products are good. Make sure you're working clean. Brush the pads clean after every section or wash them with a pad washer.

BrianMcLeod
01-27-2014, 12:33 AM
What are rids? And when people say clean after each panel what does not mean like door would be one panel and the trunk would be one?

AutowerxDetailing
01-27-2014, 01:04 AM
RIDS aka random isolated deep scratches will remain visible after polishing away the lighter scratches and swirls. I don't think there is anything wrong with your technique or compound/polish choices... RIDS are simply harder to fully correct because they require significantly more paint to be removed to level each scratch.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online

Chris@AutoCleanse
01-27-2014, 07:45 AM
Pad selection and polishes are good, the iron x treatment is a decontamination process that basically cleans the car that clay will not do if that makes sense.

Bill1234
01-27-2014, 09:48 AM
Pad selection and polishes are good, the iron x treatment is a decontamination process that basically cleans the car that clay will not do if that makes sense.

ironx goes on clear or sometimes green in other products and the turns purple when it comes into contact with iron. It pulls it right out of paint and wheel and makes brake dust less likely to oxidize and destroy surfaces

BrianMcLeod
01-27-2014, 09:52 AM
is Iron x better when your correcting when do you use iron x vs clay? thanks about the rids posted that after I read it. I am going to try to get some photos today!

Bill1234
01-27-2014, 09:53 AM
iron x is very good when dealing with all types of contaminates. most here would use ironx first and let it do its work, then finish up with clay