PDA

View Full Version : the one day I dont park far from everyone is the same day i get hit

timaishu
01-26-2014, 12:56 PM
IDIOTS!!!!! AGGGHHH

Someone backed into my car denting the lip of my hood and now my hood doesn't sit level with the fenders. :(

I don't know for sure when this happened, but I am quite positive I know as I have those autogeek eyes and anytime something gets damaged, I spot it like a hawk immediately. Anyways, I was parked on the street behind one of those big box trucks. He had probably 5 feet of space between us(flat ground, no incline) and I am guessing for some reason he backed into me and the step that sticks down pressed into my hood putting a crease in it splitting/scratching the paint. This also now makes the hood not sit level with the fender. I still cannot tell if the actual hood is bowed or if its just because the pressed in lip is raising the bottom level of the hood..

Man I am so freaking pissed as he had tons of space. Nothing I can do about it either as I didn't pay attention to anything about the truck, I just know it was a truck. So I cant go back and find them since I remember zero features about it.

I will take some pictures in a bit.

theblob640
01-26-2014, 01:51 PM
I know exactly how you feel. Someone pulled a hit and run on my other vehicle two different times on the same spot within a week on my rear bumper. It really is frustrating. That is why I have installed a dash cam that also records when the car is off with a motion detector and g-force sensor for times like this. The one I got has front and rear cameras so I am covered on both ends. Sorry to hear it happened to you too but unfortunately things like this does happen.

timaishu
01-26-2014, 01:57 PM
I have been thinking about a dash cam for awhile. I think I made a thread about it here a few months back. Sure would have saved me a headache in this instance..

Im gonna head over to my bodyshop sometime this week to get a quote on repairing without insurance as I don't think this will be more than my deductible.

conthedon
01-26-2014, 02:19 PM
I know exactly how you feel. Someone pulled a hit and run on my other vehicle two different times on the same spot within a week on my rear bumper. It really is frustrating. That is why I have installed a dash cam that also records when the car is off with a motion detector and g-force sensor for times like this. The one I got has front and rear cameras so I am covered on both ends. Sorry to hear it happened to you too but unfortunately things like this does happen.

Thats cool which dash cam product do you have?

theblob640
01-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Thats cool which dash cam product do you have?

The setup I currently have is:
BlackVue Wi-Fi 2 Channel DR550GW-2CH 32GB, Car Black Box/Car DVR Recorder with Power Magic Pro

A quick google search will give you the results.

VISITOR
01-26-2014, 04:23 PM
sorry to hear about that, hopefully you get it fixed at some point or time. btw, I was out eating/shopping and I parked my car the furthest away in a lot with over a hundred parking spots and someone had to park right next to me and the idiot didn't even park straight in the spot in which one side was closer to my car. before I left I looked closely and lined up where the door would open and hit my car if it did, but luckily there wasn't any damage. some people these days...

jayshut11
01-26-2014, 05:00 PM
Sorry to hear that. That's the exact reason I have a dash cam as well. You wouldn't believe the things I catch when the car is parked. I've caught multiple vandalism incidents, both to my car and others in the time I've had it. I'd recommend one to anyone. I feel naked when I drive without one.

Great Site: dashcamtalk.com

conthedon
01-26-2014, 05:19 PM
The setup I currently have is:
BlackVue Wi-Fi 2 Channel DR550GW-2CH 32GB, Car Black Box/Car DVR Recorder with Power Magic Pro

A quick google search will give you the results.

Thanks