PDA

View Full Version : So many sealents????

Pages : [1] 2

mparker30
07-04-2007, 04:31 PM
With so many sealents that are out and coming out, how do you guys just pick on? I am looking for a sealent to last the winter that will be coming. I tried the klasse glaze and didn't like the way it made my truck look, plus it was hard to remove. I have been reading alot of good things about products sold by ag and other sites. I and just looking for the perfect sealent that will give me something close to the soveran look. I am not in a rush becuase we still have some more time in nj before the weather starts getting bad. I have a java black rr sport. I have yet to but anymore because I actually enjoy using soveran every month. Does anyone know anything about the ultima sealent and tire sealent that claims it lasts a year?

ScottB
07-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Ive used Four Star UPP for years, keep going back after trying all the rest. Zaino Z5Pro was close. I did start adding Polycharger this year to UPP, which is the main ingredient for added durability in the Ultima line.

travisdecpn
07-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is as about as close to Souveran as you are going to find in a sealant. You could always top the sealant of your choice with Souveran after you allow it to cure if you like that look. I can't speak for durability though, I'm always playing around with combo's on my truck. One of my old favorites is EX topped with Natty's Blue.

cullen2505
07-04-2007, 07:40 PM
I really like 4* UPP as well. Incredibly slick at first, although short lived. Very easy on and off and looks great on silver. I usually maintain with UPPS or Aquawax. I'd like to try it with the Polycharger.

mparker30
07-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Im really just trying to find a good reason to buy a sealent. I really dont mind waxing once a month even during the winter. But would a sealent give me better protection in the winter time against the snow, salt etc...Or would I be ok just using the soveran once a month. This is a daily driver also. This forum is addictive.

Surfer
07-04-2007, 07:52 PM
I really like 4* UPP as well. Incredibly slick at first, although short lived. Very easy on and off and looks great on silver. I usually maintain with UPPS or Aquawax. I'd like to try it with the Polycharger.Thats why I want to try it now, after Scott used it mixed with PC. I've always thought it looked great but never bought UPP b/c of the poor durability.

ScottB
07-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Im really just trying to find a good reason to buy a sealent. I really dont mind waxing once a month even during the winter. But would a sealent give me better protection in the winter time against the snow, salt etc...Or would I be ok just using the soveran once a month. This is a daily driver also. This forum is addictive.

Neither wax nor sealant has ever been found to protect better than the other. The only basis is typically a sealant will last longer or appears to based upon beading and other characteristics.

Thats why I want to try it now, after Scott used it mixed with PC. I've always thought it looked great but never bought UPP b/c of the poor durability.

I never found UPP to be lacking in durability, just that slickness fell off quickly. The reflection, beading and other characteristics last for months. Infact, it stands up to Wolfgang, FMJ, Blackfire, and Poorboys rather well. I did find that using their wash and their Enhancing Gloss Spray was a huge benefit to it, as kept the slickness there also. With polycharger it seems more impervious to "other" soaps that would degrade it a bit.

pt91
07-04-2007, 10:23 PM
DG 105 for durability. Make sure your paint is clean of other waxes. DG also has a prep product to use before the sealant.
I used it over the winter and it performed very well.
Pick up a bottle of AW for use after every 2 or 3 washes. Less than 20 bucks for both.

Surfer
07-04-2007, 10:47 PM
I never found UPP to be lacking in durability, just that slickness fell off quickly. The reflection, beading and other characteristics last for months. Infact, it stands up to Wolfgang, FMJ, Blackfire, and Poorboys rather well. I did find that using their wash and their Enhancing Gloss Spray was a huge benefit to it, as kept the slickness there also. With polycharger it seems more impervious to "other" soaps that would degrade it a bit.I know you topped with Souv and looked like an excellent combo. Did you prefer topping it with a wax, or using the UPP Gloss Spray, AW, Souv Spray etc over UPP sealant?

Heard good stuff on the wash as well. I'm gonna have to grab some products.

ScottB
07-05-2007, 07:14 AM
I have topped in past, but during the summer I run UPP only and enhance with Polycharger. I actually use Z8 also on it ... shhh, dont tell !

tonyspop
07-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Use a paint cleanser such as Klasse AIO or your choice.Wgps topped with collinites 476s is an extremely durable combo.With correct washing techniques expect at minimum 6 months protection:) Some swear by dg105 but I've never tried it so can't comment.Hope this helps.;) We are in early July,Winter is not allowed to be discussed on the forum at this time:D :D :D :D :D :D

Torsion Tool
07-05-2007, 11:44 AM
I get the same winter and have the same concerns. Applied the Klasse twins after claying then topped with Collininte last fall. The protection lasted until I removed everything last month with occasional washes and waxing boosters. Will stay with Klasse until I have mastered its intricacies as this combo served me well. As always, the critical element was/is surface preparation. Look forward to hearing your decision and review a year hence.

Al-53
07-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Torsion...my winter combo was the Klasse Twins and collinite for a few years..and held up very good....it did great....easy to clean and salt just rolled off with just the rinse at a spray and pay wash....

last year I tried the Dg 105 with out the collinite....2 coats and no wax..I just washed when I could and used AW ..I think I did it twice last winter...and it held up fine all winter...it washed clean as the klasse and collinite combo....

The Klasse is a proven winner..I tried other sealants and the salt kills them... the Klasse and DG held up the best....

I would assume the Jeffs products would be as good as the Klasse also....

Al

GranPrix
07-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Have any of you tried the Jeffs Werkstatt sealant?
I just used it on a Black S2000 topped with Collinite 845 and it looks amazing, I'm just waiting now to see how long it'll last.

Z06-Goose
07-05-2007, 01:24 PM
So far, the only sealant I've used with great success has been Rejex (google it) for its shine and durability