PDA

View Full Version : So, RUPES works well as a "system"....

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
01-24-2014, 10:30 PM
but not all the time. Worked on a black mustang today. The blue coarse pad and zephir compound wouldn't cut it, while Meg's MF cutting pads and Classic Cut compound did. I then tried a Rupes yellow pad with the yellow polish(to finish). Left marring. Then tried the Rupes white pad with white polish. Little better, but still marring. So I busted out CarPro Reflect with a crimson hydro pad.....boo-yah....finished perfectly.

I you strictly relied on the Rupes complete system, I do not think you could achieve perfection(or close to it) on every car. I do feel the Rupes pads balance the best with their polishers. Just tried some standard thickness LC HYDRO pads today and they worked pretty good! The thin ones wobbled too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runrun411
01-24-2014, 11:08 PM
I want to use CG 5 inch pads. What do you think?

WRAPT C5Z06
01-24-2014, 11:10 PM
I want to use CG 5 inch pads. What do you think?

CG pads are not super thin, they should work nicely.

DRT BRD
01-24-2014, 11:32 PM
I've been recently hooked on reflect after being an m205 lover. WHOA!

WRAPT C5Z06
01-24-2014, 11:38 PM
WHOA!

Agreed!

swanicyouth
01-24-2014, 11:40 PM
He paint was too hard to cut with Rupes' most aggressive combo - and to soft to finish without marring with their finest cut combo ???

fly07sti
01-24-2014, 11:51 PM
Reflect is becoming my favorite finisher! I just ordered 2 more 32oz bottles from Corey.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-24-2014, 11:52 PM
He paint was too hard to cut with Rupes' most aggressive combo - and to soft to finish without marring with their finest cut combo ???

Not sure. Maybe I didn't use the Rupes polishes correctly? What I do know is I got better results with other products.

FWIW, I got great results with Reflect and the white Rupes pad as well.

Old Tiger
01-25-2014, 02:16 AM
Reflect by CarPro is the latest & greatest finishing polish I have ever used!

swanicyouth
01-25-2014, 08:44 AM
Not sure. Maybe I didn't use the Rupes polishes correctly? What I do know is I got better results with other products.

FWIW, I got great results with Reflect and the white Rupes pad as well.

I wasn't doubting your skills - because I know you know what's up.

I was just curious.

SR99
01-25-2014, 09:31 AM
I can't remember, has anyone ever officially resolved whether RUPES polishes are SMAT, DAT, or some hybrid? I suppose it's possible that might relate to the strange results you got (maybe not quite enough working time and/or abraded paint in the pad causing the marring?)

Have you (or anyone else) ever tried the RUPES pads/polishes on the Flex? (Assuming you have a backing plate for that.) Wonder how that combo would play out....

KS_Detailing
01-25-2014, 09:49 AM
If the Rupes system didnt cost so much I would use it, $13 per pad :bash:

goldendodo19
01-25-2014, 09:52 AM
If the Rupes system didnt cost so much I would use it, $13 per pad :bash:

Shop around they can be had for less but I agree the price of the pads is a bit steep but if they're good then it's worth it.

For what it's worth I don't really enjoy the 21 with 5 inch lake country flat pads. Felt too wobbly for my liking.

swanicyouth
01-25-2014, 10:14 AM
I can't remember, has anyone ever officially resolved whether RUPES polishes are SMAT, DAT, or some hybrid? I suppose it's possible that might relate to the strange results you got (maybe not quite enough working time and/or abraded paint in the pad causing the marring?)

Have you (or anyone else) ever tried the RUPES pads/polishes on the Flex? (Assuming you have a backing plate for that.) Wonder how that combo would play out....

I heard they were hybrid. The pads are worth $13 if your going to spend $400 for the machine. Why would someone spend $400 for a machine and worry about $13 accessories?

runrun411
01-25-2014, 10:37 AM
I heard they were hybrid. The pads are worth $13 if your going to spend $400 for the machine. Why would someone spend $400 for a machine and worry about $13 accessories?

So, so true.