PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to Nanoskin "clay"

mdgrwl
01-24-2014, 10:15 PM
Few Q's

Detail spray okay as a lube?
How often do you clean the rubber when doing a car with the towel or mitt?
Does this stuff really work just like clay?
If it marrs (soft paint) will a easy paint cleaner get it out or a mild abbrasive polish needed?

And last, its for a newer car so Im guessing go with a "fine" one, correct?

Pureshine
01-24-2014, 10:20 PM
Yes it works just as good as clay and is much faster. I only use clay on really dirty cars. Yes I only use the fine grade one and yes detail spray will work just make sure you use enough. I dip in bucket after every panel.

dfoxengr
01-24-2014, 10:25 PM
I wipe off the nanoskin surface 2 to 3 times per panel and use onr at clay dilution

ltoman
01-25-2014, 12:38 AM
I've got to get one myself!! Can't wait to try it out.

asalesagent912
01-25-2014, 12:58 AM
i used it with the Da polisher,fine grade. and used the nano skin glide which can go a long way because you dilute it. excellent results, clay worked fine but this was much easier and cost less in the long run.

firecorgi
01-25-2014, 07:46 AM
I haveboth the fine mitt and block and both work great. I used the Glide spray,7:1, for the lubricant.
I have read complaints from folks about scratches, especially with the mitt. Just be sure to use it as directed. In other words don't use the mitt on the intial wash with a dirty car.
It is a versatile product.

ken tuep
01-25-2014, 08:22 AM
Just be sure to "break it in" properly. Running it across glass for 10-15 minutes should do the trick. The only time I've noticed severe marring was when I didn't break it in first. Be sure to use the entire face, or some spots wont have the Coating removed completely, and will Mar the surface.

To help me break it in, I used it to clean all sorts of stuff, including the exterior of my house windows and sliding door.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

peter hurcos
01-25-2014, 01:05 PM
I bought the "fine" sponge as a test. A lot less issues with marring with a "fine" grade. It worked OK. I didn't see any big advantage over a clay bar. This was on a newish car with a finish in good condition.

Of course, you can automate by getting a bonnet for a DA polisher which is important if you are a pro or if you have several cars, or maybe if you feel compelled to clay bar your car three or more times a year. I don't.

For some reason, people feel free to use the product with only water or something. I would use a name brand detail spray. I used a highly concentrated (8X) spray of rinseless car wash.