PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates is now poor...

Pages : [1] 2

Surfer
07-04-2007, 10:58 AM
He's only #2 now
Money News - Carlos Slim Becomes World's Richest Man - AOL Money & Finance (http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/carlos-slim-becomes-worlds-richest-man/20070703105809990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001)

Jimmie
07-04-2007, 11:36 AM
$8.6 billion in the last four months. Wow.

Nica
07-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Nice, I guess the name is not the only thing we have in comon ;)...but he's got more money then me hahahaha...nice article but I've been reading other articles about the economical shift that is currently happening and it wouldn't surprise me if you see other hardly worth mentioning individuals coming out on top. Very interesting how the economy industry works huh.

Thanks for sharing Surfer...Carlos...I like that name..has a nice ring to it ;)

Surfer
07-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Nice, I guess the name is not the only thing we have in comon ;)...but he's got more money then me hahahaha...nice article but I've been reading other articles about the economical shift that is currently happening and it wouldn't surprise me if you see other hardly worth mentioning individuals coming out on top. Very interesting how the economy industry works huh.

Thanks for sharing Surfer...Carlos...I like that name..has a nice ring to it ;)Whats funny is I had a bet with a company owner next door that Carlos was going to overtake Bill Gates some months ago. So I'm $100 richer now, another 68 billion and I'll be richer then Carlos...lol

Nica
07-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Whats funny is I had a bet with a company owner next door that Carlos was going to overtake Bill Gates some months ago. So I'm $100 richer now, another 68 billion and I'll be richer then Carlos...lol

Nice, $100 is still $100...hahaha 68 billion is a lot of ca$hola...hahaha

devst8
07-04-2007, 12:49 PM
i wish i would be that poor lol

Gary Sword
07-04-2007, 01:58 PM
I wish I was as poor as Bill Gates.

Surfer
07-04-2007, 02:02 PM
I wish I was as poor as Bill Gates.There was a funny article that said he could buy an exotic car every single day, and it would be like one of us buying a candy bar everyday...wouldn't put a dent in the pocketbook lol.

Nica
07-04-2007, 02:34 PM
There was a funny article that said he could buy an exotic car every single day, and it would be like one of us buying a candy bar everyday...wouldn't put a dent in the pocketbook lol.

Now that's more like it, purchasing an exotic car every day is wicked...that's my goal...well to have at least 5 exotic vehicles is my goal :righton:....man must be nice being poor like Gates :p

Surfer
07-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Now that's more like it, purchasing an exotic car every day is wicked...that's my goal...well to have at least 5 exotic vehicles is my goal :righton:....man must be nice being poor like Gates :pHe has a nice collection already, has a massive garage on his property. He was one of the proponents in getting some laws passed that allowed cars like the 959 to be imported legally.

Nica
07-04-2007, 02:41 PM
wow really...man must be nice having all that ca$h :D...man Surfer you sure seem to know lots about Gates...I've read and seen a few articles on Gates...quite the guy if you ask me.

Surfer
07-04-2007, 02:46 PM
wow really...man must be nice having all that ca$h :D...man Surfer you sure seem to know lots about Gates...I've read and seen a few articles on Gates...quite the guy if you ask me.When it comes to cars, my brain remembers everything lol. I just have a bunch of subscriptions to Forbes, Entrepreneur etc. I'm not a Gates stalker lol. I remember when people were trying to import some cars that were not allowed here he helped to pass the law, mainly b/c he had owned some cars like the 959 that for years were stuck on holding cells I guess you could call it in the U.S., untill the law was passed.

My brain is photographic, like back in college I rarely studied, I just couldn't, too hard for me to sit there for hours reading etc and I don't have a.d.d. or anything. When I did study I actually did worse on test. About an hour before class I would review everything and ace all the test, even when I had months to prepare for a project, I'd start like 2 nights before and wing it and ace lol. Its like my brain shuts off when it stuff that doesn't interest me. But like on one presentation I went all out comparing auto manufacturers, showing advantages of platform sharing, delving into the stock specifics over the years for the companies to compare among trends etc, the Professor was blown away lol.

Nica
07-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Man I wish I had a photographic memory....I had to bust my ass reading, reading and more reading hahahaha what can I say I have a stuborn brain :D. Hey what year was that Gates helped pass the law on importing vehicles? I remember hearing about it but I don't recall the details. It's always nice to have some friends in high positions.

Surfer
07-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Man I wish I had a photographic memory....I had to bust my ass reading, reading and more reading hahahaha what can I say I have a stuborn brain :D. Hey what year was that Gates helped pass the law on importing vehicles? I remember hearing about it but I don't recall the details. It's always nice to have some friends in high positions.Was some years ago, don't remember specifically...brain fart:D

ltoman
07-04-2007, 03:42 PM

Thanks for sharing Surfer...Carlos...I like that name..has a nice ring to it ;)

AHA! Your true identity disclosed, Carlos! Don't try to hide it - secret is out! Besides, your envied pile of detailed supplies - which fill a house - is a dead giveaway.
you tried to distract us by questioning Gary's identity!!!
hee hee hee hee hee:applause: :grouphug: ;) Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN