PDA

View Full Version : 6.5" pads on Flex: Flat, CCS, or Hybrid?

Pages : [1] 2 3

aim4squirrels
01-24-2014, 09:47 AM
Hey all,

I'd like some feedback on what you might have used in the 6.5" variety of pads with your Flex. I currently have 6.5" flat pads for it but was wondering what else is out there. I also have the LC backing plate system, as well as both flavors of factory Flex plates so that's not a deterrent to running any specific pad.

Here's what I'm looking for:

What do you use?
Why do you like it?

Evan.J
01-24-2014, 09:57 AM
LC 5" hybrid pads on my flex

Chris@AutoCleanse
01-24-2014, 10:12 AM
What Evan said.

aim4squirrels
01-24-2014, 10:25 AM
No, no, guys I OWN 5" hybrid pads, they're great for handling, but they are way too small to do the entire SUV my wife and I just purchased. I need a bigger pad for those big body panels to save some time.

So let me know what you like in the 6.5" variety.

They obviously make a 6.5" hybrid pad as well, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info out on it.

02xtreme07SS
01-24-2014, 10:37 AM
I use both sizes of Hybrids on my Flex and have no complaints. I also use the 5 1/2 and 6 1/2" Flat and Hydro Flat pads on it as well. They all work well, but my go-to pads are the Hybrids.

Just02896
01-24-2014, 10:38 AM

This^^^

WRAPT C5Z06
01-24-2014, 10:41 AM
Hydrotech

aim4squirrels
01-24-2014, 11:40 AM

What Evan said.

No, no, guys I OWN 5" hybrid pads, they're great for handling, but they are way too small to do the entire SUV my wife and I just purchased. I need a bigger pad for those big body panels to save some time.

So let me know what you like in the 6.5" variety.

They obviously make a 6.5" hybrid pad as well, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info out on it.

This^^^

Oh good Lord, I give up...

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
01-24-2014, 11:40 AM
I use both sizes of Hybrids on my Flex and have no complaints. I also use the 5 1/2 and 6 1/2" Flat and Hydro Flat pads on it as well. They all work well, but my go-to pads are the Hybrids.

This.

I only use the hybrid pads as they deliver superior results for me. Coupled with Menzerna polishes and you have an incredible setup.

Evan.J
01-24-2014, 11:41 AM
If you like the smaller hybrid pads then go with the larger ones. You know they work you just need/want more area coverage

aim4squirrels
01-24-2014, 01:29 PM
If you like the smaller hybrid pads then go with the larger ones. You know they work you just need/want more area coverage

This is what I was thinking initially, but sometimes the change in size of a pad effects the characteristics of how the machine operates, and the end user experience doesn't always translate. That's why I asked in the open forum, seeing as I couldn't find much info on the larger sized pads.

BTW, I'm not mad at anyone. I do find it funny that after asking (and then clarifying) that my question was specifically about 6.5" pads, I still got references to how awesome the 5" hybrid pads are on the Flex (which I did mention I own.)

So, either folks don't read for content, or those pads really are that good.:laughing:

Rsurfer
01-24-2014, 01:38 PM

:awesome::goodpost:

StuDLei
01-24-2014, 01:40 PM
This is what I was thinking initially, but sometimes the change in size of a pad effects the characteristics of how the machine operates, and the end user experience doesn't always translate. That's why I asked in the open forum, seeing as I couldn't find much info on the larger sized pads.

BTW, I'm not mad at anyone. I do find it funny that after asking (and then clarifying) that my question was specifically about 6.5" pads, I still got references to how awesome the 5" hybrid pads are on the Flex (which I did mention I own.)

So, either folks don't read for content, or those pads really are that good.:laughing:

This is a common issue in threads I have created as well. Annoying, but I know guys are trying to be helpful. Just wish people would slow down and read, comprehend, and think before replying sometimes.

01-24-2014, 01:42 PM
I've used 6.5 LC Hydros with my Flex and yes they're perfect for large panels. Nothing too noticeable in characteristics to me...

GenesisCoupe
01-24-2014, 02:29 PM
i use 6'5 on the Flex, i prefer flat pads.

I do have the smaller backing plate as well if i choose to go with a smaller pad.