PDA

View Full Version : How you organize your pictures of work.

wrb_subie
01-23-2014, 07:39 AM
How do you folks keep pictures of previous work? Right now I have everything saved on my laptop but recently have been thinking of putting an actual binder together with actual pictures in them. I think with as often as people ask "do you have pictures of work" I want an easy way to reference them.

What's your system?

lawrenceSA
01-23-2014, 08:21 AM
My opinion is that whilst a pretty pic of a nicely detailed car is great, it really takes the before picture to show how you transformed the look of the car.

So when I do a 'Show n shine' type thread, I try to be thorough about what was done, and back it up with the pics (which are all loaded to photobucket for safe keeping).

This way, if a prospective customer wants to see pics of my work, I can show him the show n shine thread and he not only gets to see what the finished product looks like, but how the actual transformation happened.

I believe this is of more value to the prospective customer than simply showcasing all of your beauty shots.

Evan.J
01-23-2014, 08:25 AM
Here you go:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/21216-power-after-shots-created-before-shots.html?highlight=power

nebojsa
01-24-2014, 08:53 PM
I have all my work on my facebook page and website and I can show it to my customer ay anytime

Cosmin
01-24-2014, 11:46 PM
i have most of my pic saved on a exterior mobile hard-drive , so if the system crash , the pic are still saved.
i keep the pic in folders with the name of the project/cars , also when too many i build archives

catfish07
01-25-2014, 12:55 AM
I use a collage style so the before and after are right there. i try and take the picture from the exact spot.

mrclean
01-26-2014, 10:59 PM
ive been blogging alot. i use blogger from google and i keep track of my before and afters by blogging them.

High End Detailing (http://highenddetailing.blogspot.com/)

let me know what you guys think. im doing this in the meantime till i get my website up and running.
:xyxthumbs:

Pureshine
01-26-2014, 11:37 PM
All my photos are on my ipad so when a customer wants to see pics I can show them what ever they want. They are all on my website and Facebook too.

KMG
01-27-2014, 09:57 AM
I keep all my pictures on my laptop, and also load most of them onto my Picasa account. I also do blog post write-ups for cars that I do, which are posted on my website and facebook usually.