This is my planned regimen:

Wash
Dry
Klasse AIO
Klasse Gloss

then

Liquid Wax (Meguiar's Quik Wax)

is this a good combo?
I heard from somewhere that since liquid wax uses solvents to emulsify wax and solvents can sometimes eat into sealants like Klasse AIO and Gloss..

Is it ok to use Quik Wax after sealing it with Klasse? Do you recommend just getting a paste wax?

ken tuep
01-23-2014, 07:10 AM
I have used ultimate wax on top of ksg with great results. I'm not sure if the Meguiars removed the klasse or not though. I waited a week before waxing " sealing " with the Meguiars though.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

FUNX650
01-23-2014, 08:16 AM
:welcome:...to AGO!

You can use the Meguiar's Liquid Wax on top of the Klasse, if you want to (wait ~12-24hrs).
But you don't have to: The Klasse Twins combo will be fine.

BTW:
Many, many, many paste waxes have solvents in them as well.

Bob

netddos
01-23-2014, 02:48 PM
Hi!

Just got into this world of detailing....what have I gotten myself into?...:laughing:

What are some brick and mortar, non-cleaning, non-solvent containing carnauba wax that is inexpensive? I didn't know solid paste contains solvents as well...good to know..

How's Turtle Wax T-222R?

Should I just top it with Collinite Liquid Wax Insulator?

I want to avoid the possibility of destroying a good sealing job at the end with the wrong wax of choice.

Desertnate
01-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Klasse SG once cured is very tough and lasts a long time. Any spray wax will only keep it shiny and keep it looking good. Once the SG is cured, I can't imagine any quick wax/detail product having any ill effects.

Regarding your Collinite question, you can top it, but I don't know why you'd need/want to. Both look great and last months on their own. Use one and hit it with Quick Wax every other wash or so and you'll be golden.

netddos
01-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Klasse SG once cured is very tough and lasts a long time. Any spray wax will only keep it shiny and keep it looking good. Once the SG is cured, I can't imagine any quick wax/detail product having any ill effects.

Regarding your Collinite question, you can top it, but I don't know why you'd need/want to. Both look great and last months on their own. Use one and hit it with Quick Wax every other wash or so and you'll be golden.

Humm that makes sense...

You can never be sure you know?
After learning organic chemistry you get very anal about "solvents" and "solubility" lol.:laughing:

I guess I'll report back after I finish my regimen.

Thanks

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
01-24-2014, 09:26 AM
Humm that makes sense...

You can never be sure you know?
After learning organic chemistry you get very anal about "solvents" and "solubility" lol.:laughing:

I guess I'll report back after I finish my regimen.

Thanks

Ask yourself these two questions when trying to pair products for protection.

Does it contain any chemical cleaners or abrasives?

If so it should not be used on top of another product but it can be used as the first step. If the product does not contain any cleaning ability or abrasives it's generally going to be safe to layer on top of other products and you can layer it on its self.

What does the label of both products recommend?

The manufacture will know their product best. The majority of spray waxes and sealants work great on top of the majority of other types of waxes, sealants and coatings.

I've personally used the Klasse Twins (AIO + Sealant Glaze) and had 4 coats on total. 1 coat of AIO and 3 coats of SG applied 12 hours apart. It's lasted 10 months so far and still going strong. I've also topped it with different spray waxes such as Duragloss AquaWax, Chemical Guys V7, Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax and Megs D156 without issue. I've also used Detailer's Max Wax on top of everything without issue.

Play around with things, it's the best way to figure out what you like and what works best for you.