PDA

View Full Version : Excel 2010 Dilution Calaculator

Pages : [1] 2

wlshephard
01-22-2014, 10:14 PM
I made a dilution calculator to make my mixing detailing chemicals a little easier. All you have to do is enter the ratio (example 1:3) and then the size of the container and it will calculate the amount of product and water that you need in the bottle. If you would be interested in a copy let me know.

Rico24
01-22-2014, 10:43 PM
I've been looking for something like this! Thank you for making this.

I can't seem to download it....

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

wlshephard
01-22-2014, 10:46 PM
I will have to email to you. Just PM me with an email address.

rjd598
01-22-2014, 11:00 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble....

Dilution Calculator | Enviro-One.com (http://www.enviro-one.com/dilution-calculator/)

wlshephard
01-22-2014, 11:03 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble....

Dilution Calculator | Enviro-One.com (http://www.enviro-one.com/dilution-calculator/)

Your not. I wanted one that I could use without being on the net.

rjd598
01-23-2014, 12:01 AM
Your not. I wanted one that I could use without being on the net.

Bookmark it and it comes up in a second. I assume you carry your phone with you

BayAreaTech
01-23-2014, 12:07 AM
Cool idea, pm set

wlshephard
01-23-2014, 12:10 AM
Bookmark it and it comes up in a second. I assume you carry your phone with you

I did save the link thanks . But no I don't always carry my phone or have access to the internet. Cell phone carriers don't make much effort to get you a signal when there's more cows than people. I also wanted to make my own chart. Believe it or not I enjoyed it. I did it for myself but thought I would share it if someone wanted it. Thanks for the link.

PiPUK
01-23-2014, 03:31 AM
Can't you just calculate it yourself?

If you want 1:3, there are 4 parts total. If you want 1:9 there are 10 parts. If you want 1:100, there are 101 parts - Easy elementary school maths.

Now, if you want 1 litre of 1:3, that means you have 1 litre divided by 4 parts or 250ml of product, the rest is water. If you want 5 litres of 1:9, that is 5 litres, divided by 10 parts or 500ml of product, the rest water. Again, I imagine this is elementary school stuff and the calculator on your phone would sort you if you have more awkward numbers.

BlkHemiLTD
01-23-2014, 03:49 AM
Of course he could, how else did he make the excel sheet. I think the point is he made it for himself then thought hey why not share it in case someone else would like to have it. So why all the criticism? If you want a copy PM him if not move along.

wlshephard
01-23-2014, 09:15 AM
Can't you just calculate it yourself?

If you want 1:3, there are 4 parts total. If you want 1:9 there are 10 parts. If you want 1:100, there are 101 parts - Easy elementary school maths.

Now, if you want 1 litre of 1:3, that means you have 1 litre divided by 4 parts or 250ml of product, the rest is water. If you want 5 litres of 1:9, that is 5 litres, divided by 10 parts or 500ml of product, the rest water. Again, I imagine this is elementary school stuff and the calculator on your phone would sort you if you have more awkward numbers.

Thanks for the post. You are correct I used that formula to make the sheet. I did it because I wanted to not because I had to, and thought I would share it. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. It was a fun project. If you want a copy of the sheet to critique let me know. I imagine you could make it better that what it is now. I always enjoy the technical information you bring to posts. Have a great day!

wlshephard
01-23-2014, 09:22 AM
Of course he could, how else did he make the excel sheet. I think the point is he made it for himself then thought hey why not share it in case someone else would like to have it. So why all the criticism? If you want a copy PM him if not move along.

Thanks you are correct. I don't think he meant it as criticism, he was just sharing easier way to skin the cat.

wlshephard
01-23-2014, 09:23 AM
FYI,

This won't work on a phone. It might if you have excel on your phone but I can't confirm that.

zooroy
01-23-2014, 09:40 AM
I just received the file and I must say, thank you so much!!
The excel that you create is very helpful especially there is a comparison table for U.S. Measure and Metric Measure.:dblthumb2:

wlshephard
01-23-2014, 10:16 AM
I just received the file and I must say, thank you so much!!
The excel that you create is very helpful especially there is a comparison table for U.S. Measure and Metric Measure.:dblthumb2:

The chart just gives you a idea of how many us ounces are in common us sizes. Same for metric. There is no correlation between the two. I can do that if you want.