PDA

View Full Version : Question on electronic signatures....

tmurph01
01-22-2014, 09:18 PM
Been throwing around the idea of using a tablet more as a way of reducing my paper consumption and waste. One thought I have had is to use this to get an electronic signature on the bill, receipt, invoice etc,.. and than email it to the client.

Anyone doing this? If so, what is the best way, or program you have found to obtain and do this?

StangFan25
01-22-2014, 09:31 PM
I use a program called Square. You swipe the credit card or manually enter, and process the payment and have the customer sign it on your phone or tablet with their finger. You then can text or email the bill/invoice/receipt. I've been using it since it first became public with no issues. Its great because you can get paid anywhere, anytime. All you need is the tiny card reader that plugs into your headphone jack.

Since its debut, many companies have copied them, such as intuit and Paypal. I've used the Paypal version and still prefer Square.

https://squareup.com/

tmurph01
01-22-2014, 09:33 PM
I will be going with a similar CC reader, but I was looking for something other than CC transactions, such as cash or check...

MirandaAutoSpa
01-22-2014, 09:41 PM
I use Pages on my ipad to create documents and save them as PDFs. Then use an app called Goodnotes to open the doc and sign it. It works great for me.

tmurph01
01-22-2014, 09:49 PM
Thanks. do you know if this feature is available for android devices?

Joeyavhu
01-22-2014, 10:40 PM
I use a program called 'Quick Sale' on my iPad. It works great. I am able to make up the different services with full descriptions, add prices, choose tax rates, categories, everything. When you go to make Invoices you just tap the services and it adds them, taxes, etc. You can easily add discounts (percentage or actual dollars), have the customer sign with their finger, then email out the pdf (that you fully customize).
I would strongly suggest it, plus it acts as a register and lets you see records, sales reports, everything along those lines.

tmurph01
01-22-2014, 11:36 PM
I believe I can achieve what I am looking for through quickbooks. Thanks everyone.

Pureshine
01-22-2014, 11:44 PM
I use square and quickbooks.

tmurph01
01-23-2014, 12:03 AM
Going with the quickbooks and gopayment route. Thanks all for the info!

cardaddy
01-23-2014, 12:21 AM
I use a program called Square. You swipe the credit card or manually enter, and process the payment and have the customer sign it on your phone or tablet with their finger. You then can text or email the bill/invoice/receipt. I've been using it since it first became public with no issues. Its great because you can get paid anywhere, anytime. All you need is the tiny card reader that plugs into your headphone jack.

Since its debut, many companies have copied them, such as intuit and Paypal. I've used the Paypal version and still prefer Square.

https://squareup.com/

Thanks. do you know if this feature is available for android devices?

I use Square as well. And yes it works on my Samsung S4, and the S3 before that.

The fees are not as low as some card processors but the payment is quick and there are NO MINIMIM monthly transactions or any monthly charges to keep the service active.

I had one that sent me a reader then told me I needed to pay $15 a month and pay an additional 1% over what the quoted me. When I questioned it they said if I ran $2500 a month that they'd lower the fee back down to what they quoted, but it'd still be $15 a month. It wasn't free till it hit $5000 a month.

I also looked at Intuit and their Quicken/QuickBooks interface but it also has fees.