PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Compound Cut

Tresca
01-22-2014, 04:24 PM
How does Meguairs Ultimate Compound compare to CarPro Fixer in terms of cut with a DA?

Tresca
01-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Anyone have experience with Menzerna FG400 and Wolfgang Uber Compound in comparison to Meguairs Ultimate Compound in terms of cutting ability?

Christopher.Brown
01-24-2014, 09:45 AM
How does Meguairs Ultimate Compound compare to CarPro Fixer in terms of cut with a DA?

Ultimate Compound is a consumer derivative of the professional detailers line.... M105 - with more polishing oils in it for longer working time, significantly less dusting, and increased ease of use.

I would say Ultimate Compound's cutting ability is between 8-10, whereas M105 ranks 12 on the Meguiars scale... That being said, when paired with a DA it can do some impressive things.

I would say if you are new to a DA, use the (UC) Ultimate Compound until you work out your technique. You can also add the Meguiars MF cutting pad, DMC5 or DMC6, to really ramp up the cutting power if need be.

Anyone have experience with Menzerna FG400 and Wolfgang Uber Compound in comparison to Meguairs Ultimate Compound in terms of cutting ability?

ive not used the wolfgang, but FG400 is some powerful stuff... definitely more so than the Ultimate Compound.

I guess the underlying questions to both are:

1] What are you trying to achieve with your compound?

2] What state are the paint's you'll be working on?

Its nearly impossible to give blanket answers about products without knowing the intended uses. [context]

CM8 6MT
01-24-2014, 10:13 AM
^^^ 100% Agree

Ultimate Compound is more user friendly than M105. Certainly nowhere near as much cut as FG400. Whether you need as much cut as FG400, only you can determine that by doing a test spot first.

VP Mark
01-24-2014, 10:21 AM

Fixer is nowhere near the cut, but much easier to work with.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Tresca
01-24-2014, 10:24 AM
I guess the underlying questions to both are:

1] What are you trying to achieve with your compound?

2] What state are the paint's you'll be working on?

Its nearly impossible to give blanket answers about products without knowing the intended uses. [context]

I'm using Ulimate Compound, and it has plenty of cut for the paint surfaces I have. I'm running out and want to try something else with similar or slightly less cut. I purchased Sonax PF based on the cut of 4/6, which would seem to equate to 8/12 as you indicated would be the cut for UC, but I have found the cut to be similar or slightly less than M205.

Kenny94
01-24-2014, 10:29 AM
The chart below should be helpful:

http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-chart.pdf

I use this visual chart offen, but the other two/three members they know what time it is, as they are very knowledgeable.

KneeDragr
01-24-2014, 10:45 AM
Paired with a LC MF pad on my Griots, it makes quick work of the swirls on my Honda. By that I mean 2 passes at moderate pressure, an extra pass for a scratch mark.

Im going to test it out on my Wife's Volt, but my guess is I may need to step up to Uber compound on the hard GM paint.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Should be about the same. However, I think there's more technique involved with fixer. UC is very fool proof.

ShaunD
03-13-2014, 07:54 PM
Just get a bottle of UC and M105 and if you need more cut add a drop or two of 105 to the pad along with UC. Or you can mix a couple ounces of each in another bottle and adjust as needed. I actually mixed some D300, UC, and M105, and the cut and buffing cycle were amazing. :)

Rsurfer
03-13-2014, 08:47 PM
Just get a bottle of UC and M105 and if you need more cut add a drop or two of 105 to the pad along with UC. Or you can mix a couple ounces of each in another bottle and adjust as needed. I actually mixed some D300, UC, and M105, and the cut and buffing cycle were amazing. :)

The mad scientist at work.:props:

ShaunD
03-14-2014, 08:28 AM
As the saying goes, necessity is the mother of invention. :)

DBAILEY
03-15-2014, 05:53 AM
I don't use M105 on its own anymore. Mix some UC to it in seperate bottle and its so much easier to use. You'll barley be able to notice the drop off in cutting ability because your working times will double. Cheaper alternative to adding a bit of M101 or M100. I think UC has some paint cleansers in it also which is a little bit of a bonus. On soft Japanese paint UC is all you need most of the time. Its a great one-stepper if the color will permit it.

brondondolon
03-31-2014, 03:41 PM
My paint used to be flawless until i had my transmission fixed and the dealership washed it with what appears to be steel wool... Ive corrected the paint a few times to remove the scratches that consumed my entire truck. The truck looks 100 times better but still ill find mild scratches here and there that i didnt quite remove.

Ive been using a LC orange pad with WG TSR 3.0 this whole time but im thinking of stepping it up a notch since im going to be applying a paint coating soon as this weather clears up.

My question is i have Megs UC. Accompanied with a MF pad would this be time efficient and effective? The reason i ask is because 1) i want to remove every scratch once and for all and 2) I did a honda recently that was in terrible condition. I found that the WG TSR 3.0 worked better then the UC on an orange pad.

So paired with a MF pad on my PC will the UC be good or should i step the compound up as well?

KneeDragr
03-31-2014, 07:32 PM
In my experience correcting my Honda, UC with a MF pad had a lot more cut than TSR on foam.