PDA

View Full Version : Making the business legit

wrb_subie
01-22-2014, 03:12 PM
Hey Geeks,

Kind of wanted to share my experience this week in making my PT detailing more legitimate. More of how easy and quick the process is.

I started getting more into paint correction this past year but it was aimed more towards a local car club that I belong to. Essentially what started happening is I would detail a car for a member and he would either tell friend or a neighbor would notice and I would get phone calls from people outside the club wanting some work done. Well I enjoy doing it so I would agree, but with reservation cause of the legality of doing it with no insurance. etc.

Anyways so in 2 short days starting Monday I locked on both liability insurance as well as a garage keepers policy, registered with the IRS, Got an LLC through the state of IN and setup a small business account with my local credit union.

I guess all I'm really getting at is I'm excited for the weather to crack here in central Indiana so I can start detailing again and without fear of damage, taxes etc.

Jake

Pureshine
01-22-2014, 03:22 PM
Good to hear wish you all the success Jake :)

wrb_subie
01-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Good to hear wish you all the success Jake :)

appreciate that.

VP Mark
01-22-2014, 03:40 PM
Go for it! Lots of people will call "that guy that details", but to have long term success you need to have a fictitious name, website, bank account, ect.. Full speed ahead!

scshaysc
01-22-2014, 03:41 PM
Congratulations! Should be nice to have the peace of mind to know that all of those things are taken care of.

wrb_subie
01-22-2014, 03:45 PM
Go for it! Lots of people will call "that guy that details", but to have long term success you need to have a fictitious name, website, bank account, ect.. Full speed ahead!

Am I reading that right.

johnpingol
01-22-2014, 07:50 PM
Jake,
If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost of liability and garage keeper insurance? I realize that rates will vary around the country, just trying to get a feel for some of the start up cost.
Best of luck,
John

wrb_subie
01-22-2014, 08:45 PM
Jake,
If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost of liability and garage keeper insurance? I realize that rates will vary around the country, just trying to get a feel for some of the start up cost.
Best of luck,
John

Pm sent