PDA

View Full Version : c quartz finest

Pages : [1] 2 3

asalesagent912
01-21-2014, 09:15 PM
So i noticed on some threads some of guys here say they are authorized installers for this product. i was wondering exactly what that means. does it mean i cannot buy it and use it for myself.

Chris@AutoCleanse
01-21-2014, 09:18 PM
That is correct.

TroyScherer
01-21-2014, 09:25 PM
Finest is a PRO only product. You must register with CarPro and fill out the appropriate paperwork to have acces to it.

asalesagent912
01-21-2014, 09:33 PM
Finest is a PRO only product. You must register with CarPro and fill out the appropriate paperwork to have acces to it.

Is it that difficult to use?

Mike lambert
01-21-2014, 09:38 PM
With some experience it is not a difficult product, but the prep is very important as always. It is only give to detailers who have been interviewed and shown that they are very competent at what they do. This way there are no problems with installs and it remains exclusive to high end experienced detailers

zmcgovern45
01-21-2014, 10:11 PM
Being a pro product does not imply that it is difficult to use. This is simply carpro's way of maintaining an elite product. One that is only available to installers who have proven they are capable of performing high quality work and providing excellent customer service.

www.cqfinest.com for more info

asalesagent912
01-22-2014, 01:51 PM
[quote=TroyScherer;1029845]

[/quoteSo i see that they sell i guess what would be a different version here at A.G.
Is there much difference in the product?

Dr_Pain
01-22-2014, 02:19 PM
From what I understand the products are "essentially" the same. It does carry a greater value in the fact that the installer was credentialed by the company and in some case does carry a warranty against product failure (like OC pro... not sure if Finest does also!?).

In essence you are getting a certified product/installer and some recourse if something goes wrong. Carpro won't warrant the install or products used by the "average Joe" installer, since they have not been vetted and approved.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, if you buy the Carpro UK from AG and there is a problem you will have AG and Carpro to work with, as the end user. What I am referring to is the recourse you would have against the installer if you were a third party. You (and Carpro ) have no idea if the "unapproved" installer used the real product or some fake cheap product or if they knew and performed the steps to insure maximum results.

The reassurance, the vetting process, the warranty (if any) and the fancy exclusive sticker is what you buy when you are coated by a certified installer. I did toss my name to be one of their installer and they reviewed my portfolio and all, and already had an application that preceded mine (within 25 miles) so my application was denied. Definitely a tight protected and exclusive market ;)

AutowerxDetailing
01-22-2014, 02:57 PM
I can't speak directly for CarPro but the main reason (as I see it) for only being offered through a network of established detailers is to maintain a uniformly high level of service for each Finest install. This means that no matter where you live in the world you can expect the same world class customer service and paint finish quality from your detailer. It also means that you will have a local authorized agent to call on if for some reason a warranty claim needs to be made.

In reality when you buy a "CQuartz Finest" package from an authorized detailer you are getting so much more than just a coating with a warranty. CQuartz Finest is simply the final component of an exclusive service designed to cater to the most discerning auto enthusiast.

SlightlyBent
01-22-2014, 03:26 PM
I can't speak directly for CarPro but the main reason (as I see it) for only being offered through a network of established detailers is to maintain a uniformly high level of service for each Finest install. This means that no matter where you live in the world you can expect the same world class customer service and paint finish quality from your detailer. It also means that you will have a local authorized agent to call on if for some reason a warranty claim needs to be made.

That may be the intention, but in my local market there is exactly one detailer that offers "finest" - and his prices start at $700 (for a single-pass detail with no paint correction).

They're not selling much product here, as it doesn't look like other detailers are bothering to go through the qualification process. CarPro doesn't seem to want my business (they're not going to get me to drop that kind of money just to try out a coating), and that's fine... they don't have a lock on the coating business.

Mike lambert
01-22-2014, 03:33 PM
I invite you to check out cq finest .com, this should help with any misconceptions you have.

SlightlyBent
01-22-2014, 04:15 PM
On the "about" page for "finest" it says pretty clearly:

Exclusivity:
Unlike other coatings, Finest cannot be purchased on the open market and is installed by only CarPro Authorized Finest Installers who have honed their skills so they may polish your paint to the highest level before protecting it with Finest.
CQuartz Finest is the most exclusive coating available worldwide.

I don't think I have any misconceptions about their marketing of their product. They are clear that they want to control who can use their product... it honestly doesn't matter to me how fantastic/wonderful it is - if I can't buy and use it....

CEE DOG
01-22-2014, 04:16 PM
Thanks to the installer that shared the link for this thread to me.

As to the differences in CQuartz, CQuartz UK, and Finest they are absolutely all very different products. All provide great protection. Differences can be found in the gloss and appearance, protection from wash induced marring, the tactile feel, etc. All three have a different application method and flash times. The makeup of each is also quite different shown clearly even on the msds.

Some of the Finest installers have already highlighted the importance of the entire service as well.

I've seen a couple guys that have never used Finest, post things lately on different forums. Unless they are on the Finest Authorized map they don't actually have knowledge of it.

That may be the intention, but in my local market there is exactly one detailer that offers "finest" - and his prices start at $700 (for a single-pass detail with no paint correction).

They're not selling much product here, as it doesn't look like other detailers are bothering to go through the qualification process. CarPro doesn't seem to want my business (they're not going to get me to drop that kind of money just to try out a coating), and that's fine... they don't have a lock on the coating business.

No Finest Installer applies Finest without properly preparing the finish first. If the vehicle is in near perfect shape already then they may go to the finishing polish step after full decontamination, etc. Yes, the 700$ you mention falls in line with what we see average nationwide from Finest Installers for a car that only needs the finishing step.

With the utmost respect - Your second paragraph gives me an idea of who you are but I wont get into the facts based on my assumption of who you are. If you have any issues you are welcome to call me directly and I'll be happy to help you. As far as dropping money to try a coating we have never asked for any money or buy in fee to try anything. With Finest people are either approved or they aren't. And I'll add some (like Dr. Pain) are certainly worthy but we must sometimes decline.

As for the other products (including CQuartz and CQuartz UK available to all) in the CarPro line we have a great reputation with some amazing and innovative products. If purchased direct or from Autogeek or any other reputable store I'm sure you are treated fairly with a money back refund or credit or whatever the policy is, if a product from any manufacturer does not perform.

Best Regards,
Corey Carruth
CarPro USA

asalesagent912
01-22-2014, 04:18 PM
From what I understand the products are "essentially" the same. It does carry a greater value in the fact that the installer was credentialed by the company and in some case does carry a warranty against product failure (like OC pro... not sure if Finest does also!?).

In essence you are getting a certified product/installer and some recourse if something goes wrong. Carpro won't warrant the install or products used by the "average Joe" installer, since they have not been vetted and approved.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, if you buy the Carpro UK from AG and there is a problem you will have AG and Carpro to work with, as the end user. What I am referring to is the recourse you would have against the installer if you were a third party. You (and Carpro ) have no idea if the "unapproved" installer used the real product or some fake cheap product or if they knew and performed the steps to insure maximum results.

The reassurance, the vetting process, the warranty (if any) and the fancy exclusive sticker is what you buy when you are coated by a certified installer. I did toss my name to be one of their installer and they reviewed my portfolio and all, and already had an application that preceded mine (within 25 miles) so my application was denied. Definitely a tight protected and exclusive market ;)
well thank you for your response. have you ever tried the c quartz from a.g The one us amateur's can buy? lol

allenk4
01-22-2014, 04:40 PM
"(they're not going to get me to drop that kind of money just to try out a coating),"

Go ahead and try the CQuartz UK for less than $20

CarPro Cquartz UK Edition 10 ml. (http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-uk.html)

10ml should be plenty to do the hood on your E550. Probably two coats.