PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

ricedrifter15
06-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Hi guys i'm a newbie. I have been washing and detailing my car for sometime now. I have been hand waxing my car for about 2 years now. I'm sick and tired of how long and how much detail you have to give it. I have been thinking of using a polisher. I have never used one before. So can you guys give me some tips on using a polisher for a person who never used one before. I really don't want to have any burn-in the first time I use it. Thanks for all the help!

DS Detailer
06-05-2006, 09:44 PM
well, go with a Porter Cable Dual Action 7424. The polisher is pretty easy to use. If you are only using it to wax, you shouldn't see any burning or marring issues. you'll need a Grey or Blue finishing pad.

The speed to apply wax... I personally go at it on 4. Not too fast, easy to control. i've been PCing for a while, and i can wax an entire car in a minute.

It's seriously very easy to use. and def, worth the investment.

abrcrombe
06-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Definitely listen to his advice! He knows his stuff. Buy a package on AG for the best deals!

http://www.autogeek.net/po.html

There is sure to be one that fits your needs! Good luck and have fun!

Excessive Detail
06-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Hi guys i'm a newbie. I have been washing and detailing my car for sometime now. I have been hand waxing my car for about 2 years now. I'm sick and tired of how long and how much detail you have to give it. I have been thinking of using a polisher. I have never used one before. So can you guys give me some tips on using a polisher for a person who never used one before. I really don't want to have any burn-in the first time I use it. Thanks for all the help!

Detailing does take some time, but if you want your vehicle to look its best then your gonna need to take your time and put a little sweat into. Just waxing your vehichle with a PC will provide results, but know where near your cars full potential when you, for example, ###el the paint. But this is just my opinion. Get a pc and give it a try and I promise your gonna want to go further with it. Let us know how it turns out.