PDA

View Full Version : 4th JULY

Pages : [1] 2

The_bhoys02
07-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Happy 4th of July to all u guys in the US.

scottgt
07-03-2007, 08:37 PM
we just baught 400 bux worth of fireworks lol in hawaii

supercharged
07-03-2007, 09:18 PM
$400 of fireworks????:eek: :eek: :eek: Do you know how much stuff you can get from AG for $400???

Reddwarf
07-03-2007, 09:38 PM
$400 of fireworks????:eek: :eek: :eek: Do you know how much stuff you can get from AG for $400???

Good point!

DavidJ021
07-03-2007, 09:50 PM

LOL I spent $20.

After all the years..its same ol same ol...you just burn your money. Plus they got a nice firework show over here.

wytstang
07-03-2007, 11:47 PM
I can't wait till I got to Hawaii next year. I spend very little if any on fireworks, I spend more on vodka.

Nica
07-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Man I love firework....if you ask me $400 was well spent hahaha but still mighty tempting to just order other detailing products hahahahaha.

scottgt
07-04-2007, 05:11 AM
haha my cousin baught all the fireworks so i couldnt say no to that

Tropicality
07-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Man I love firework....if you ask me $400 was well spent hahaha but still mighty tempting to just order other detailing products hahahahaha.
Man you gotta come with me down to Hungry Horse MT next year 4th of July... its nothing like you will ever see anywhere in North America.. In fact I was surprised at how many people there were from California there, even a bunch from Minnesota/Wyoming/Oregon/Texas etc, just for the fireworks war :)

I took a few videos but that Camera is still down there with the trailer, won't be back til the weekend, then I'll show you what I mean!

If you've ever gone to a fireworks show in Calgary... its probably close to the same as what there is here in Lethbridge.. So I'll compare it to that. If the 'safety police' of Lethbridge saw what goes on down there, they'd croak.

The fireworks start at 8:00 and go until 12:00, with major chaos from 9:00-11:00.

Theres stands all over the area, the highway passes through the city, gas station and 2 parking lots on one side, big green strip and a side road on the other, with a bar and a few houses beside it.

There are fireworks being lit off all down the street, on both sides, right above your head. There were probably as many going off every 30 seconds as you will see in an entire show up here in Canada in a whole 10 minutes. FOR 4 HOURS!

At about 10:00 is when the war starts... it is chaos... you know the big 'artillery shells' which are the main part of a firework show, that go straight up and then explode.. Well there are people holding the tubes and pointing them across the road at groups of people, who then fire back, or tossing them onto the street, to be honest I couldn't count how many were tossed onto the highway in front of traffic, at least 100+. They even have to close down the gas station early because lots of people fire them straight for it! A few cops drive through, but they don't care about the fireworks, they are just there to make sure none of the drunk people kill each other.

I didn't go for a few years but this year has convinced me that I'm going every year after this.

I'll post those videos once I have them here at home. They are only a few minutes each, next year I'm taking a video camera along.

scottgt
07-05-2007, 09:50 PM
sounds safe

Nica
07-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Tropicality that sounds like fun...um...kinda hahahaha ;)...so when is this?

Tropicality
07-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Tropicality that sounds like fun...um...kinda hahahaha ;)...so when is this?

You don't know how much fun it is until you try it!! Its the on the 4th of July... a year away now!

Another highlight of the trip is prices of Cigars, I don't know if you smoke, but they are 1/10th the price, what costs $13 up here, costs $3 there!

Nica
07-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Nice, mmm...every 4th of July huh...sounds like fun...I'll have to remember this for next year.

dengood1
07-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Ummm.......reminds me, I gotta go wash my Halo suit so I can bring it with me when I come:p So just how many people get killed during this event??

Nica
07-06-2007, 06:45 PM
hahahaha yea that's what I want to see hahahaha....got a spare Halo suit ;)