PDA

View Full Version : Black car owners!

Pages : [1] 2 3

ironsurvivor
01-20-2014, 11:04 AM
Do you guys polish twice a year? Thats what I like to stick to is m205 on a white pad. I for sure have to have it once and maybe twice. What do you other fellow black car owners detail schedule look like per year?

Sent from the lab...

Billand
01-20-2014, 11:16 AM
My wife's car is tuxedo black ford the paint is soft so I can also get away with m205 on a white pad. I polish after the winter months and just let it go the whole year it's a dd. my car not black gets polished maybe twice a year in spots I am a lot more careful with it then she is with her car and mine does a lot of local shows so I have to keep it clean

swanicyouth
01-20-2014, 11:18 AM
Usually 3 times a year. But I'm using an ultra fine polish, not M205.

ironsurvivor
01-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Mines a black 2013 mustang and yes paint is so soft! What ultra fine polish are you using?

Sent from the lab...

swanicyouth
01-20-2014, 11:50 AM
Mines a black 2013 mustang and yes paint is so soft! What ultra fine polish are you using?

Sent from the lab...

Rupes, SF 4500, or Optimum.

HateSwirls
01-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Rupes, SF 4500, or Optimum.

I will order the Optimum being I see you recommend it to me and now here:)
You told me it has a long work time.
I will order they're least aggressive polish.
How much does they're fine polish cut?
Reason I ask is to have something on hand for my soft paint

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AG Online

AeroCleanse
01-20-2014, 12:27 PM
I do it based on paint condition not a specific time frame

01-20-2014, 12:28 PM
Do you guys polish twice a year? Thats what I like to stick to is m205 on a white pad. I for sure have to have it once and maybe twice. What do you other fellow black car owners detail schedule look like per year?

Sent from the lab...

It use to be twice a year, once before winter then end of spring. I have PBL coating, sealant & BF BlackICE on my 06 Mustang now, hopefully that eliminates the need to polish. Im in California so weather isn't bad, spoiled actually...

ironsurvivor
01-20-2014, 01:11 PM
I've heavily thought about doing a coating for my spring detail just to mitigate having to take more clear off. It seems intimidating. If I did say opticoat 2.0 how long does that last really? Does the coating get swirls like a clear coat? Are there any signs showing that the coating is wearing off?

Sent from the lab...

FUNX650
01-20-2014, 01:21 PM
If I remember correctly:

I haven't polished the '98 p/u since ~2006.
It's a little bit overdue.
Been buying-up all of the M07 that I can afford, and get my hands on.

Spring is only a couple of months away. Maybe then. :dunno:

Bob

01-20-2014, 01:38 PM
I've heavily thought about doing a coating for my spring detail just to mitigate having to take more clear off. It seems intimidating. If I did say opticoat 2.0 how long does that last really? Does the coating get swirls like a clear coat? Are there any signs showing that the coating is wearing off?

Sent from the lab...

I can't speak for OC but so far I like PBL. Easy application and love the fact I can layer sealant and wax over the top. I'll only get swirls if I put swirls in the paint myself. I applied over Thanksgivng and water continues to bead n sheet the same...OC is known for its durability

Jrocket
01-20-2014, 01:49 PM
I say give the New PBL Coatings a go.

EIther the Diamond Surface Coating or the Individual Coatings. I personally went withe Surface Coating to Coat everything.

However on a Black Car I may go for the Paint Coating!!

and now they have the Coating Booster ( think spray wax for coatings) to still have some involvement in your car and to keep that ( Just coated look)

Let us know what you go w/ OP :xyxthumbs:

ironsurvivor
01-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Cool! I'll look into the pbl then. Sounds pretty cool. I've been worrying a lot here lately about polishing twice a year with a finish polish. I just don't know how long my paint will last if I keep doing that

Sent from the lab...

01-20-2014, 03:52 PM
Coating does help tremendously, especially black! I'm positive you'll be satisfied with the results...

ironsurvivor
01-20-2014, 04:10 PM
So I'm guessing id go ahead and clay and polish to get the paint where I want it then follow with an IPA wipe down and then applying coating? I'm guessing there's a curing time for that before you can wax over it correct?

Sent from the lab...