PDA

View Full Version : Detailing questions

keeganjacobs
01-19-2014, 08:27 PM
I have a 2013 dodge challenger black , white stripe

How many microfiber towels should we use for each of these steps Claying, swirl removing, polishing, and waxing ?

Also when your removing the swirl, how many times do you add more chemical on your pad since you have to wipe the swirls off your pad going from section to section .

If we don't clean our pad for each section of the car, we would just be putting the swirls back on right ?

tpr1634
01-19-2014, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=keeganjacobs;1028564]How many microfiber towels should we use for each of these steps Claying, swirl removing, polishing, and waxing ? I use 12 or more when I do a full detail

Also when your removing the swirl, how many times do you add more chemical on your pad since you have to wipe the swirls off your pad going from section to section .
Prime the pad then 3 or 4 pea size drops per panel.

If we don't clean our pad for each section of the car, we would just be putting the swirls back on right ?[/QUOTE
I use my air compressor to clean the pad or a brush, usually I use a few pads, I work clean and fresh.:buffing:

aim4squirrels
01-20-2014, 12:39 AM
I have a 2013 dodge challenger black , white stripe

How many microfiber towels should we choose for each of these steps Claying, swirl removing, polishing, and waxing ?

If we don't clean our pad for each section of the car, we would just be putting the swirls back on right ?

I'm a little confused by your post, so please don't take this wrong, I'm just trying to clear confusion.

Your buffing pad won't transfer a swirl from one spot on the car to another. A swirl is a series of scratches in the clear coat, you remove a bit of the clear when you polish to level the surrounding paint with the scratches. Cleaning the pad is done to remove spent polish and removed clear coat from the surface of the pad so it will continue to cut on future passes.

Each section you work through will require new polishing product to be applied, you should watch Mike Phillips video on how to do a section pass.

As to how many microfiber towels will you go through? I used about 18 towels when I did my Challenger two weeks ago. I clayed, polished, very fine polished, and coated.